Washington State Social Service Training Specialist (Technical Assistant Coordinator) 58171 in Washington
Whether you still feel as though you are a child at heart, you have a child of your own, or you have family and friends who have CHILDREN ... everyone knows that KIDS are the FUTURE.
At theDepartment of Early Learning (DEL)* we consistently ask ourselves "how the work we did today helped a child?" The passion for children is what drives us to continue striving to ensure that children, have every opportunity to learn and grow in a safe environment. *
*DO YOU WANT TO BE A PART OF AN ORGANIZATION THAT IS PURPOSE DRIVEN AND PASSIONATE ABOUT THEIR WORK? *
Here at DEL we are committed to our mission and enthusiastic about the opportunities we have to make a positive impact on the State's poorest families and their children. One of our goals is to prepare children from low-income families to enter Kindergarten on equal footing with their peers.
Find out more at www.del.wa.gov.
The Opportunity The Technical Assistant Coordinator (Social Service Training Specialist) will serve as the delegated coordinator to support Early Achievers technical assistant services of the licensing division. This position will represent DEL to public organizations, community partners, stakeholders and outside special interest groups and will work within DEL on coordination of technical assistance and professional learning activities with emphasis on licensing and Early Achievers. The location for this position has not been determined.
In this position you will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with the project's leads and their staff and managing agency-wide coordinated activities and efforts implementing complex Early Start Act Deliverables and meeting mandated timelines. This position will coordinate and resolve implementation conflicts and gaps related to the projects and manage mitigation activities. This position will also work on technical assistance related to the Early Start Act deliverables, including cross-team and cross-sector work as well as study and analyze data to identify projects' progress and facilitate feedback loops to gather information from partners and communities to inform implementation strategies. Statewide travel will be required for this position.
- BA degree and minimum five years of experience in a related field, including professional development, technical assistance, early learning project management and coordination of collaborative implementation activities, planning, data analysis, and communication.
- Knowledge in program and/or projects coordination with the emphasis on professional development and technical assistance
- Knowledge of child care licensing program policies and early childhood education, as well as federal and state laws and regulations
- Ability to coordinate implementation plans, procedures and communication resources
- Ability to work successfully on a team working together towards a common goal and work independently
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of an organization, external partners, stakeholders and community, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills and community relations, including public presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to engage across cultures and socioeconomic groups, demonstrating cultural humility.
Supplemental Information This position is covered by a Collective Bargaining Agreement with the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE) which contains a "union security" provision. This means that, as a condition of employment, you must either join the union and pay union dues or pay the union a representation or other fee within 30 days of the date you are put into pay status.
Application Procedure To be considered for this vacancy, you must apply online via http://www.careers.wa.gov. In addition to completing the online application, applicants must attach the following documents to their profile in order to be considered for this position.
- A letter of interest clearly describing how you meet the QUALIFICATIONS listed.
- Your chronological resume/work history depicting work experience and/or education that support your letter of interest.
- A list of at least 3 professional references including names, professional titles, and current phone numbers.
*READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION COMPLETELY: *
- Carefully review your application for accuracy, spelling and grammar before submitting.
- You may not reapply for this posting for 30 days.
- The initial screening of applications will be solely based on the contents and completeness of the "work experience" and "education" sections of your application in www.careers.wa.gov.
- A resume will not substitute for completing the "work experience" section of the application.
- All information may be verified and documentation may be required.
For questions regarding this recruitment or assistance with the application process, please contact Dianne Dorsey at (360) 688-8229 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please call NEOGOV toll-free at (855)524-5627 or email email@example.com.
The Washington State Department of Early Learning is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, race, creed, color, national origin, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the recruiter at 360.688.8229. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1.
The State of Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary: $52,788.00 - $69,240.00 Annually
Location: Multiple Locations Statewide, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Early Learning
Job Number: 2018-0875
Closing: 4/26/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact