Washington State WorkSource Administrator (WMS2 - 2018-03781) Vancouver-Kelso in Vancouver, Washington
Note: this is a split-location position between Vancouver, Washington and Kelso, Washington. The majority of time will be at the Vancouver location but time in each office will vary based on business needs.
Here at the Employment Security Department (ESD), we believe in the power of finding the right job for each person, every time. We do this by connecting employers with job seekers and supporting transitions to new jobs, ultimately empowering careers.
The WorkSource Administrator is responsible for the operational oversight of agency staff, and delivery of services and programs, including performance, compliance, adherence to policies and laws, development of staff through coaching training and practice, and fiscal and budgetary resource management in the southwest WDA. They are responsible for embracing and modeling the organizations culture and values, while striving to meet agency, division, and local strategic goals and objectives.
In addition, they are responsible for the growth and development of relationships within the partnership including government agencies, the business sector, economic development organizations, labor, community based organizations, and community service groups to enhance the area's economy and community support for agency services, programs and operations.
ESD Strategic Mission and Vision:
- Right job for each person, every time.
- Washington's integrated workforce development system efficiently and effectively connects the unemployment, employment and career advancement needs of employers and job seekers.
- ESD employees are valued, empowered and engaged to better serve our customers and can develop their skills and careers.
- Collaborate with and support local Workforce Development Council (WDC) initiatives.
- Actively engage in efforts to increase effectiveness of system-wide service delivery for our customers.
- Engage in special assignments, projects and pilots initiated at the division and/or regional level with a focus on creating more value to the customer experience.
- Participate as directed on local WDC board committees, to include acting as alternate for the Regional Director when requested.
- Lead local strategic efforts that support expanding WorkSource services to employers and job seekers with a focus on getting more people into meaningful work and closing skill gaps.
- Sponsor and oversee local workgroup charters connected to process improvement efforts.
- Model, advocate and lead local efforts to ensure Customer First is an integral part of our center and service environment.
- Demonstrate a process improvement mindset through applying Lean methodology and tools to local leadership of center operations.
- Represent the center on WorkSource resource room IT enterprise investment needs on behalf of customer related to system access, software, equipment, and service needs.
- Assist in the coordination risk management plans; ensure compliance in procedures to reduce liability and ensure safety for customers and employees.
- Manage in accordance with data sharing agreements, non-financial agreements, Memorandums of Understanding (MOU) and Resource Sharing Agreements (RSA).
- Collaborate with the Regional Director and stakeholders to establish center priorities that address both short and long-term strategic goals and business objectives.
- Operate in a monitor/audit ready state. Assure that supervisors and staffs operate within program guidelines and structure.
- Oversee county-wide social media marketing strategies.
*WIOA : *
- Develop and ensure functional supervision as appropriate for local needs.
- Develop processes for functional supervision working with WDC partners to determine additional locations to support service delivery.
- Advocate for Integrated Service Delivery (ISD) and co-enrollment keeping a customer centered focus.
- Advise/Support WDC on matters related to service delivery and the customer experience. Duties
Assist and Advise Regional Director -
- Support regional strategic planning, budget development, contract, grant and MOU development, and other local agreement negotiations.
Lead efforts to plan, organize, implement, and evaluate programs including collaborations with partners and stakeholders as appropriate. Budget -
Monitor, manage, and oversee local operating budget.
Manage contracts, RFPs to procure services and ensure adherence to relevant policies. Supervision -
Select, hire, train, and mentor staff, including ensuring staff have job descriptions, expectations, and evaluations according to Employment Connections strategic goals and objectives.
Establish and model a high performance work environment that fosters and rewards excellent customer service, individual accountability, attainment of results, quality-focused business practices, teamwork, sponsorship, and partnership. Performance -
Oversee and manage local performance.
Develop a sustainable approach to continuously gather and use customer input and feedback to support a ongoing quality improvement process is in place to improve services for customers. Communications and Partnerships -
Represent agency, area, and Regional Director when serving as a member on internal and external teams or boards.
- Collaborate with WorkSource partners to leverage resources, maximize innovation and cooperation to help job seekers find employment and coordinate delivery of services.
Programs and Policies -
- Manage and oversee multiple programs, services, and fund sources.
Develop, implement, and expand WorkSource system capacity, integration, and accessibility; including developing staff competencies to work across programs to better serve customers. E*mployer and Job Seeker Customers -*
Ensure that all staff consistently provide high quality customer service by practicing Lean and Customer First philosophy and applying customer focused tools and methodologies.
- Ensure customer confidentiality is maintained. Qualifications
Required Education, Experience, and Competencies.
A Bachelor's Degree in public contact work, such as: unemployment insurance, business administration/management, social services, and human resource services or a closely related field and five years' experiencemanaging staff in a diverse, multi-functional, customer-focused service delivery environment.
A Master's degree may substitute for 2 years' experience.
Or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Preferred/Desired Education, Experience, and Competencies.
- Lean Principles and tools including Human Center Design
- Change Management
- Human resources
- Collective bargaining agreements
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Legislative processes and implementation requirements
- Workforce development and economic development Supplemental Information
Attach the following required documents to your on-line application (through the Add Attachment(s) field):
- Chronological Resume
- Letter of interest describing how you meet the requirements of the position
- List of professional references
The Employment Security Department is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Modern Workplace ESD's employee engagement scores were up 8 percent to 71 percent in 2017 and we continue to develop programs to improve the employee experience. We are working to create a modern workplace designed to meet the needs of a changing workforce. We have wellness programs, telework policies and flexible schedules. We're working to update our facilities all over the state to enhance both the client and employee experience.
Opportunity for All The Washington Employment Security Department is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual orientation and gender identity diversity. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, veterans or people with military status, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply.
For specific questions about this position please contact James Trujillo, Talent Acquisition Manager at 360-902-9508. For general HR ESD questions email HRRecruiting@esd.wa.gov . Contact Washington Relay Service 711 if you are a person with a disability needing assistance in the application process, if you need this job announcement in an alternate format, or with general questions about this opportunity.
If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960.
Salary: $71,000.00 - $98,000.00 Annually
Location: Clark County – Vancouver, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Employment Security Department
Job Number: 2018-03781
Closing: 5/1/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact