nLIGHT Patent Paralegal- Part Time in Vancouver, Washington
Patent Paralegal- Part Time
nLIGHT is seeking a Patent Paralegal in Vancouver, WA to support in-house Patent Counsel in development/maintenance of nLIGHT’s patent portfolio.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in preparation/filing of patent applications, formal papers (oath/declaration/assignment), responses and other correspondence with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- Maintaining docket and electronic patent matter files
- Updating invention disclosure database
- Maintaining cross-citation spreadsheets, preparing/filing Information Disclosure Statements
- Preparing patent portfolio reports
- Working with internal organizations to process non-disclosure agreements
- Assisting with internal document control processing
- Supporting legal and other special projects as needed
- At least 5 years of experience as patent paralegal
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point (Visio a plus)
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic
- Attention to detail
- No telecommuting/remote working arrangements for this position
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
nLIGHT is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including protected veterans and people with disabilities. For more information, please see the EEO is the Law poster from the federal government: dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing vertically integrated supplier of high-performance lasers that enable innovation in materials processing, microelectronics and defense applications. nLIGHT develops and manufactures fiber lasers based on industry-leading semiconductor laser and optical fiber technology. nLIGHT is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington with additional sites in North America, Asia and Europe. nLIGHT lasers are not only changing the way things are made, but what can be made.