Washington State Structural Detailer - Bridge Engineer 2 (In-Training) in Tumwater, Washington
The Opportunity: The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) Bridge and Structures Office is seeking to fill three Structural Detailer – Bridge Engineer 2 In-Training vacancies in Tumwater, WA.
As a Structural Detailer, you will produce bridge and structure plan sheets using computer-aided drafting (CAD) software for incorporation into WSDOT construction contracts or WSDOT Standard Plans. Working with Bridge Engineers, you are responsible for drafting clear and accurate structural plans and details. You will be relied upon for consistent drafting production rates, have the ability to work well in a team environment and ability to work on multiple concurrent projects.
*Note: This position has an in-training plan that can be filled at either the Bridge Engineer 1 or Bridge Engineer 2 level. The salaries for each position are:
Bridge Engineer 1 - $46,596 - $62,748 annually, depending on qualifications.
Bridge Engineer 2 - $51,504 - $69,240 annually, depending on qualifications.
At WSDOT, we honor diversity_ in the workplace and support one another with respect and trust. If you would like to join our team-oriented environment and enjoy a continuously changing environment, and a great deal of career stability and growth, definitely consider a career opportunity with WSDOT. To learn more, please watch the following video:_Why WSDOT?
This position will perform the following work:
- Develop complete structural detail contract plans using MicroStation for bridge, wall and various structures using design engineer's calculations and sketches, the Bridge Design Manual, WSDOT Standard Plans, computer programs and other reference materials. This includes working with the design engineer to determine what drawings are needed, and the number of plan sheets required.
- This position requires intermittent, infrequent, in-state travel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements for this position are:
Completion (or pending completion) of a two year Associate of Arts Degree in Computer Aided Drafting and Design or Drafting Technology. Or
A minimum of 5 years of work experience in the development and drafting of engineering drawings using CADD software. With
At least one year of experience as a structural, roadway or civil engineering detailer with production-level experience in MicroStation software.
An ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Experience in the use of MicroGDS software.
- Working knowledge of WSDOT Bridge Design Office detailing practices and policies, and an understanding of the fundamentals of reinforced concrete and steel construction.
- Ability to research and interpret as-built plans of previously constructed structures and develop details based off of these documents.
- Ability to understand, calculate and utilize alignment geometry including vertical and horizontal curves, and superelevation diagrams.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
How to Apply:Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Please select the large "apply" button at the top of this announcement. You may need to set up an account profile. To be considered for this position you will need to answer the supplemental questions, as part of the supplemental questions you will need to provide a letter of interest. Your letter of interest should describe how your experience, training and education make you a viable and competitive candidate for this position.
Contact us:For inquiries about this position, please contact Erik Lunkeat 360-705-7747 or email to email@example.com. Please reference recruitment number 18DOT-HQ-04516m.
The Washington State Department of Transportation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, and disabled and Vietnam era veterans are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may call or email the recruiter.
Salary: $46,596.00 - $69,240.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Tumwater, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Job Number: 18DOT-HQ-04516M
Closing: 3/28/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact