City of Tacoma WA Web Application Developer, IT Analyst Senior Technical (ADSA) in Tacoma, Washington
The City of Tacoma's Information Technology Department is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Web Application Developer.
The position will analyze, design, and maintains applications, develop new applications, and modify existing programs to fit user needs. This will involve integration of APIs from various internal and external sources and implementing vendor supplied software applications. The position will also prepare specifications for staff. Development of new applications will include research and implementation towards cloud based applications, configurable web app builders, service platforms, and adoption of DevOps processes.
This work involves moderate to complex system design work, application development, system integration, configuration, maintenance, quality assurance, troubleshooting, and technical support for commercial and custom applications.
This position calls for analytical and design skills, excellent communication and documentation skills, and the ability to work both independently and as a team member.
The City is a great place to work with no travel, reasonable work-life balance and flexible work schedules. Additionally, all of the business customers and team members reside within the City of Tacoma for easy face to face meetings.
The City of Tacoma also has a very generous benefit package with one of the best pension packages in the market. These generous employee benefits include:
- Medical coverage for eligible employees, spouses and dependents, including children up to age 26.
- Vision care with VSP for employees and eligible dependents enrolled in the Regence PPO medical plan with vision benefits.
- Dental coverage for eligible employees and their elected dependents, including dependent children up to the age of 26.
- Deferred compensation allowing tax-deferred savings as authorized under Section 457 of the IRS Code.
- Generous amount of paid holidays and personal time off.
- Flexible work schedules and telecommuting (upon successful completion of probation).
- A phenomenal pension plan that prepares you for retirement.
For more information on the City of Tacoma's benefit package feel free to explore the City of Tacoma Benefits page.
City of Tacoma Recruitment The City of Tacoma wants to employ a workforce that reflects the community we serve. We actively work to eliminate racial and other disparities and we welcome candidates with diverse and/or multicultural skill sets and personal experiences. Our goal is for Tacoma to be an inclusive and equitable place to live, work, and play Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related field and five or more years of directly related information technology work experience.
- 5+ years of demonstrated progressive knowledge of .NET framework building web applications with Visual Studio
- Advanced knowledge of the C# language
- Experience with discovery and consumption of REST APIs, and Basic Authentication and certificate based authentication.
- Knowledge of ITIL/ITSM and experience working within a formal Change Management process.
- Expert troubleshooting skills on the HTTP Pipeline, and across architecture tiers
- Experience in writing SQL queries
- Experience in producing ADA compliant and ARIA applications
- Advanced knowledge of development technologies, such as Cloud app services, mobile app development, and continuous integration.
Advanced knowledge of the development lifecycle and formal approaches to development (Agile, SCRUM), and project management (PMP)
Experienced and comfortable with knowledge sharing and training junior developers
- Experience working with directly with business process owners to understand requirements Knowledge & Skills
- Serve as the Web Application Development Technical subject matter expert designing, developing, implementing and maintaining IT web applications
- Assess business unit requirements into technical solutions, modify existing applications, or design and develop new solutions
- Responsible for effective test planning, execution and documentation
- Provide technical guidance and direction to junior developers on project tasks
- Provides recommendations for development practices, APIs, and software development tools
- Employ advanced diagnostic troubleshooting tools to analyze and resolve complex programs for team projects, and other IT Teams when requested
- Produce technical documentation, and participate in refinement of process documentation
- Provide estimate of effort and possible barriers on enterprise tool implementations, for web app team's support tier
- Participate with roadmap construction and implementation of future tool, service, and process development
- Keep current on a diversity of programming software solutions
- Meets customer and project deadlines. Skilled at estimating tasks and time for technical projects, coordinating technical projects, meeting project schedules and established timelines
- Participates in off-hours preventative maintenance
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships with others
Salary: $34.77 - $53.93 Hourly
Location: Tacoma, WA
Job Type: Classified
Department: Information Technology
Job Number: 0152-18C
Division: Information Technology
Closing: 5/2/2018 5:00 PM Pacific
Agency: City of Tacoma
Address: Human Resources Department 747 Market Street Tacoma, Washington, 98402-3764