Washington State DSHS Developmental Disabilities Administrator in Tacoma, Washington
The Department of Social and Health Services, Developmental Disabilities Administration is seeking a highly motivated professional to provide leadership and supervision to a team of case managers.
In this role you will lead your team as they develop, implement, and manage social, financial, and health services programs. Additionally, you will provide training to staff, providers, and the community to enhance the delivery of services. This is an exciting opportunity to make real, lasting differences for vulnerable populations and Transform Lives.
Some of what you'll do Supervising and monitoring activities:
- Direct work activities, objectives, and goals
- Monitor and assign caseloads
- Train new case managers
- Lead recruitment and on-boarding of new staff
- Observe and evaluate the work performance of staff providing effective, timely feedback, complete performance evaluations
- Provide consultation for individual cases and complex issues that arise with clients and service providers
- Provide direct supervision to case managers, social workers, and support staff Manage Regional Programs:
- Serve on the regional Community Protection team to determine if clients meet criteria for community protection
- Provide oversight for Home and Community Based Services waiver clients
- Establish processes for meeting goals and objectives for the team
- Consult on individual cases with clients and/or service providers
- Represent the Division and facilitate meetings in the community and with other state and local departments, administrations, and agencies
What we are looking for
- Experience working with clients and families in a social service setting
- Ability to lead others and organize work assignments
- Experience consulting with staff on services offered to clients and families
- Working knowledge of DDA residential and county service guidelines
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to Identify and notify appropriate entities of dangerous or potentially dangerous situations
- Possess mental health crises management experience
- Ability to identify issues or situations of serious nature that need reporting up the chain of command
- Understand and interpret the DSHS/DDA mission, program policies and procedures, WAC, and other regulations to staff, clients, families, service providers and other interested groups
Who should apply Professionals with a Bachelor's degree in behavioral sciences, special education, business administration, public administration, or other related fields AND four years of professional experience in the human services field of which:
(A) two years of experience working in the community with individuals whose primary diagnosis is developmental disabilities; AND (B) one year of supervisory, administrative, or professional program service delivery responsibility.
With the exception of (A) and (B), graduate training may be substituted, year for year, for the required experience.
How to apply Please include current contact information for three professional references with your application and attach the following:
- A letter of interest with a detailed description of how your experience relates to this opportunity
- A current chronological resume
- A copy of your college transcripts to verify degree information
Questions? Please contact DSHS Recruiter and reference job number 03801.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Salary: $4,506.00 - $5,920.00 Monthly
Location: Pierce County – Tacoma, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2018-03801
Closing: 4/26/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact