HMS Global Maritime Ticket Agent in Steilacoom, Washington
HMS Ferries, Inc. currently seeks a Part-Time Ticket Agent for the Pierce County Ferry in Steilacoom, WA. This person will provide excellent customer service to our ferry riders, and fellow crew! Would you describe yourself as:
- Multitask driven
- Detail oriented
- Thorough & Precise
If this sounds like you, keep reading.
This role requires precision and resourcefulness.
For consideration, all applicants must copy and paste this link into a new browser window and complete a brief survey: https://www.cindexinc.com/c/6E6B8A Once this survey is completed you MUST return back to the application to complete the process.
The Ticket Agent is responsible for interacting with ferry riders to coordinate ticket sales while providing an exceptional customer service experience. The Ticket Agent also ensures the Steilacoom ferry terminal is available and clean for guests.
Duties & Responsibilities* *
- Remain true to and champion the Company’s Core Values and Code of Conduct.
- Safety Firs- Safety shall remain the highest priority at all times. Be an active advocate of, and participate in, the HMS Safety Culture.
- Consider reliability with regard to Company Operations.
Safety and Security* *
- Monitor passengers to ensure safety before ferry operation.
- Use proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Handle and dispose of all chemicals and other types of hazardous or caustic materials in compliance with Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDSs) (as required).
- Report safety related concerns.
- Conduct ferry ticket sales
- Maintain accountability for all receipts
- Preserve Steilacoom waiting area to the highest levels of cleanliness in accordance with the client’s standards
- Execute daily checks of the facility to ensure cleanliness and safety; take immediate corrective action as necessary.
Human Resource (HR)* *
- Understand Employee Handbook and adhere to policies.
- Comply with rules as directed by supervisor including, but not limited to:
- Report to work on time and ready for duty;
- Depart shift only when properly relieved;
- Ensure that the proper uniform is worn and grooming standards are met;
- Complete required administrative forms clearly and accurately.
Client Relations* *
- Provide outstanding guest service
- Present professional level of customer service and appearance to all clients, both internal and external.
*Administration / Financial *
- Responsible for handling money and balancing deposits/money bags; perform deposits within guidelines provided by Office Manager.
- Generate settlement and recap reports as required.
- Provide vehicle and passenger counts as required.
- Compile and disseminate End of Shift reports.
Other Duties* *
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements* *
- *Education: *
- HS Diploma
- *Professional Certification(s) or License:*
- Valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC card), and/or ability to obtain and maintain.
- Valid First Aid/CPR Certification, and/or ability to obtain and maintain
- Valid Driver’s License
- Copy of DD214, if Veteran status
- *Skills & Abilities:*
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to effectively interact with the passengers, guests, and fellow employees.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, quickly-changing environment
- Ability to process calculations frequently and continuously
- Ability to work independently
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and basic computer skills
- Minimum one (1) year cash handling experience
- Minimum six (6) months customer service experience
- Proven track record of working well in a team environment
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Submit to and pass alcohol and drug tests as mandated by the USCG including but not limited to pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion and post-accident/incident testing.
The majority of work is performed in an office environment with a moderate noise level. Some work may be performed in an outdoor setting with a moderate to loud noise level and exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Ability to sit on a nearly constant basis
- Ability to stand and walk on frequent basis
- Ability to bend, rotate and reach frequently
- Ability to carry, push/pull and/or lift materials weighing upwards of 75 lbs.
- Ascending/descending stairs or ladders safely
- Ability to manipulate/handle/grip materials required to perform job
- Must be able to maintain both static and dynamic standing balance to complete various duties associated with job
- Must be capable of performing emergency duties as listed in the vessel’s station bill
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. This job description is not to be construed as an all-inclusive list of all activities, duties and/or responsibilities that are required of the employee. All duties, responsibilities, or activities may be changed, as well as additional duties assigned, at any time with or without notice.
Tracking Code: 3459-682
Job Location: Steilacoom, Washington, United States
Position Type: Part-Time