Inland Northwest Health Services Speech Language Pathologist in Spokane, Washington
St. Luke’s Rehabilitation Institute, in Spokane, WA, is seeking an energetic and autonomous Speech Language Pathologist to join our skilled team of clinicians to assess, diagnose, treat, and help to prevent communication and swallowing disorders in our patients. Patients with a wide variety of ages and diagnoses are encountered on a daily basis allowing our SLPs to utilize a variety of skills.
In this position you will:
· Evaluate and treat patients with a variety of diagnoses from a range of causes such as a stroke, brain injury, hearing loss, developmental delay, a cleft palate, cerebral palsy, or emotional problems.
· Assess patients and determine appropriate discharge recommendations.
· Teach patients how to make sounds and improve their voices
· Teach alternative communication methods, such as sign language, to patients with little or no speech capability
· Work with patients to develop and strengthen the muscles used to swallow
· Counsel patients and families on how to cope with communication disorders
· Often work in conjunction with physical therapists and occupational therapists, as well as nurses, respiratory therapists, and medical students.
· Need to have proficient use of software systems for the maintenance of patient records and communication with team members
· Use critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and your ability to make independent decisions
Required qualifications for this position include:
· Minimum Bachelor’s Degree and a Graduate of an accredited school of Speech Language Pathology
· Current Speech Language Pathology (SLP) licensure in Washington State, or eligible
· Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (AHA-BLS) for the Healthcare Provider or obtain within 30 days of employment.
As the region’s largest free-standing physical rehabilitation hospital and the only level 1 trauma rehabilitation hospital in the Inland Northwest, St. Luke’s Rehabilitation Institute serves more than 7,000 patients each year. Solely dedicated to physical rehabilitation services, there is no facility in this region that can compare with St. Luke’s interdisciplinary rehabilitation team, physician specialists, excellent nursing services, comprehensive therapy services, and ability to return patients back to the community.
Our mission is to be a resource for health and wellness, in order to optimize the potential for a full and productive life. We serve individuals and their families requiring expertise in medical rehabilitation. St. Luke’s Rehabilitation Institute seeks to provide value to those served by treating the whole person with regard to physical, intellectual, emotional, cultural and spiritual needs in order to restore to their fullest potential the capacity for living. Excellence of care will take place in an atmosphere of compassion, reverence and integrity.
St. Luke's Rehabilitation Institute is a service of Inland Northwest Health Services (INHS). INHS is a non-profit corporation in Spokane, Washington providing collaboration in health care services on behalf of the community and its member organizations Providence Health Care and Empire Health Foundation.
Spokane is located on the east side of Washington State. As the largest city between Seattle and Minneapolis, Spokane serves as the hub of the Inland Northwest, a 36-county region encompassing Eastern Washington, Northern Idaho, Western Montana, Northeastern Oregon and parts of Alberta and British Columbia, Canada. From sledding to the symphony, Spokane offers a large variety of places to go and things to do. For more information about Spokane, visit http://www.visitspokane.org/.