Inland Northwest Health Services Physical Therapist - Acute Care in Spokane, Washington
St. Luke’s Rehabilitation Institute, in Spokane, WA, is seeking an experienced and independent PT to join our team of clinicians to provide acute care therapy. The acute-care setting is extremely fast-paced and constantly changing. Patients with a wide variety of ages and diagnoses are encountered on a daily basis allowing our PTs to utilize a variety of skills.
In this position you will:
· Evaluate and treat patients with an assortment of diagnoses
· Assess patients and determine appropriate discharge recommendations, typically among home and rehab at an acute or skilled nursing facility.
· Additionally, an acute care physical therapist may recommend appropriate medical equipment or assistive devices, such as a walker, crutches, grab bars in the bathroom, a cane, etc...
· Treatments are always individualized to reach the patient’s/families goals. Normal physical therapy interventions that may be used include therapeutic exercise, functional training (how to transfer from bed to chair, move in bed, sit to stand, etc.), gait training (how to walk safely, efficiently, and independently), prescription/application of equipment or assistive devices (orthotics, prosthetics, walking aids, splints, etc.), airway clearance techniques and/or breathing exercises, and wound management.
· Often work in conjunction with occupational therapists and speech language pathologists, as well as nurses, respiratory therapists, medical students, residents, fellows, and attending physicians.
· Need to have proficient use of software systems for the maintenance of patient records and communication with team members
· Use critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and your ability to make independent decisions
Required qualifications for this position include:
· Minimum Bachelor’s Degree and a Graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy
· Current Physical Therapy (PT) licensure in Washington State, or eligible
· Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (AHA-BLS) for the Healthcare Provider or obtain within the first 30 days of employment.
· One year experience in a therapist capacity in a hospital, skilled nursing facility or other related medical field a plus