SMG Steward in Seattle, Washington
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef
FLSA STATUS: Hourly Non-Exempt
About Savor...Seattle at McCaw Hall
Take advantage of a great opportunity to support the arts in your community. SAVOR... is proud to be the exclusive Food & Beverage provider at Marion Oliver McCaw Hall at the Seattle Center, home of the Seattle Opera and the Pacific Northwest Ballet. We are looking to build our team of dedicated staff members working to provide an excellent guest experience for patrons of the arts, community members, and special event guests.
These positions are part-time, primarily evening shifts. They are the perfect opportunity for support the arts in your community and earn extra income at the same time!
The primary function of the Stewards is to maintain all smallwares, utensils, kitchen equipment, food preparation areas, and smallwares storage areas in a clean and organized manor at Marion Oliver McCaw Hall, home of the Pacific Northwest Ballet and the Seattle Opera. Service is provided pre-show and during intermission at multiple concessions outlets, two banquet rooms, and a 200 seat restaurant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Wash, sanitize, and properly store all china, flatware, glassware, utensils, and other kitchen equipment in accordance with SAVOR...McCaw Hall standards and King County Health Department regulations.
- Ensure that dirty smallwares are collected from all scullery collection points and returned to the dish area. Ensure that clean smallwares are organized and returned to the appropriate storage area.
- Maintain the kitchen and smallwares storage areas in an organized fashion.
- Clean and organize all food prep areas throughout McCaw Hall on a daily basis.
- Provide in-stand backup to concessions outlet as needed due to event volume.
- Provide busing and cleanup support for Food & Beverage services as needed.
- Meet SAVOR...McCaw Hall uniform and appearance standards at all times.
- Hold current Food Worker's Card.
- Other duties as assigned by Food & Beverage management based on event needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- English language and professional verbal communication skills.
- Minimum of 1 year previous Food & Beverage experience is required. Previous experience operating a commercial dish machine is preferred.
- Basic food preparation experience is preferred.
- Ability to take direction and work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively in a high pressure environment.
- Commitment to exceptional guest service.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position will require long periods of standing, walking and navigating stairs.
- Direct contact with guests, managers and employees
- This position works in a loud noise environment.
- Must be able to transport up to 50 pounds
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
Starting wage is $15.50/hour. This is a part-time, on-call position. All Food & Beverage scheduling is dependent on McCaw Hall's events calendar.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply at- https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1152751&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000316628906#/
Savor...Seattle at McCaw Hall
305 Harrison St.
Seattle, WA 98109
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (206) 615-0234.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled