Pineapple Hospitality Company Laundry Attendant in Seattle, Washington
Purpose of Position:The Laundry Attendant is responsible for consistently maintaining the maximum cleanliness, comfort and appeal of all guest rooms, restaurants and banquet facilities by providing clean and pressed linens and towels.
- Wash, dry, fold, sort and store all clean linens, towels, napkins, and tablecloths using guidelines set forth by the Housekeeping Manager.
- Operate appropriate equipment to sort, weigh, wash, dry, iron, and fold or package hotel laundry items.
- Maintain linen supplies to the specified linen supply level.
- Knowledge and application of cleaning products and materials in accordance with OSHA regulations and hotel safety guidelines.
- Provide room attendants with prompt response to ensure they have the supplies they need to complete their cleaning tasks.
- Inspect equipment and report any hazards to maintenance and Housekeeping Manager.
- Maintain the cleanliness of other equipment and the department on a daily basis
- Dispose of linens as directed by the Housekeeping Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Housekeeping Manager.
Qualifications & Skills/Abilities:
- Proficient at fulfilling requests in a thorough and timely manner.
- Ability to learn quickly and take direction.
- Ability to contribute to collaborative and diverse team dynamic.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to complete tasks under limited supervision.
- Ability to understanding, speak and read in basic English
This position requires the ability to consistently perform the following on a regular basis (more than 50% of the time): standing/sitting, carrying/lifting up to 50 pounds, pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds, walking, bending/twisting, scooping, climbing stairs, reaching and crawling.
This position requires the ability to accommodate varying schedules (including nights, weekends and holidays) to fulfill the business needs of the hotel.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team member may perform other related duties as necessary to meet the ongoing needs of Pineapple Hospitality. Pineapple Hospitality may amend this job description at any time with or without notice.
Location: Seattle, WA