City of Seattle Forensic Senior Photographer in Seattle, Washington
The Seattle Police Department is actively recruiting a Forensic Senior Photographer. This position provides all aspects of forensic and advanced level photography. This requires performing complex, and sensitive forms of photography using specialized cameras, lighting techniques, related equipment, and photographic processing of processed latent images. This position reports to the Photographic Services Supervisor.
- Primary responsibly of this position are: Utilize advanced digital imaging techniques to photograph latent fingerprints.
- Scanning, importing and exporting of digital images for photo lineups, bulletins and digital case files.
- Provide expert witness testimony.
- Prepare exhibits for court.
- Photograph latent blood evidence, grease prints, foot, tire and tool impressions, arson, aerial photographs, accident investigation simulations and excavation sites.
- Provide Administrator support to the Department's Digital Evidence Management System (DEMS).
- Monitor photographic inventory, supplies and other record systems.
- Establish chain of custody for photographic evidence and prepare crime scene and/or laboratory notes.
- Print photographs for investigations, prosecutors and court use.
- Access electronic booking of arrest images from King County's Mug System.
- Troubleshoot and perform routine preventative maintenance on cameras, computers, lab equipment and maintain quality control of printing devices.
- Specialized printing of large custom photographs and archive various department images.
- Train SPD personnel on Police photography techniques.
- Work in inclement weather.
- Be available for on call,24/7 to respond to photograph crime scenes and other special events. Qualifications
Requires three years' journey level experience in professional technical photography and photographic laboratory experience or an Associate's degree in Technical Photography, Commercial Photography or comparable education (or a combination of education and/or training and/or experience which provides and equivalent background required to perform the work of the class).
- Experience in advanced photographic techniques involving the application of forensic, and medical/legal photographic methodologies.
- Knowledge of imaging/graphic programs (Photoshop, Lightroom, InDesign, Bridge, Premiere, Apple Final Cut Pro, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in both Mac and PC environments.
- Experience in the acquisition and storing of digital images.
- Experience with studio lighting, equipment and portraiture.
- Temperament to view and photograph graphic and disturbing scenes (domestic violence, child abuse, traffic accidents, rape, murder and fire related deaths).
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting, coordinating photographic projects.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Must have a strong understanding of customer service skills and a willingness to periodically work extended shifts.
- Experience capturing video with DSLR cameras and video editing software a plus.
- Must satisfy a Seattle Police Department background investigation.
- Candidates selected for this position will be required to provide a conviction history.
- A pre-placement physical will be required.
- Must have a Washington State Driver's License.
- Must be willing to become Forensic Photographer Certified by the IAI. (International Association for Identification)
- Required to stand, walk or bend for extended periods of time.
- Required to lift objects generally weighing less than 50 lbs.
- Required work with potentially toxic or hazardous chemicals; and in close proximity to high voltage.
- Required to work outdoors in all types of weather. Additional Information
The Seattle Police Department is comprised of approximately 2,100 dedicated law enforcement professionals all committed to creating and fostering a work environment that is collaborative, innovative and leading the way in law enforcement principles and practices. Ours is a culture that encourages top performers to adhere to a standard of excellence in the identification of and resolution to complex challenges. At SPD we acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals and pledge ourselves to creating and maintaining an environment that respects diverse traditions, heritages, and experiences.
HOW TO APPLY: Apply online at http://www.seattle.gov/jobs. A computer is available for use to complete an on-line application and is located at the Personnel Department, Seattle Municipal Tower, 700 5th Avenue, Suite 5500, Seattle, WA 98124-4028. Please refer to: JOB #: 2018-00602.
To find out more about the department visit: http://www.seattlepolicejobs.com
Salary: $31.40 - $36.58 Hourly
Location: Seattle, WA
Job Type: Classified Civil Service, Regular, Full-Time
Department: Seattle Police Department - Civil Service
Job Number: 2018-00602
Closing: 4/24/2018 4:00 PM Pacific
Agency: City of Seattle
Address: Seattle Municipal Tower 700 5th Avenue, Suite 5500 Seattle, Washington, 98104