SMG Dining Server in Seattle, Washington
POSITION: Dining Room Server
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Restaurant Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Hourly Non-Exempt
About SAVOR...Seattle at McCaw Hall
Take advantage of a great opportunity to support the arts in your community. SAVOR... is proud to be the exclusive Food & Beverage provider at Marion Oliver McCaw Hall at the Seattle Center, home of the Seattle Opera and the Pacific Northwest Ballet. We are looking to build our team of dedicated staff members working to provide an excellent guest experience for patrons of the arts, community members, and special event guests.
These positions are part-time, primarily evening shifts. They are the perfect opportunity for support the arts in your community and earn extra income at the same time!
The primary function of Dining Room Servers is to provide quick, cheerful, and knowledgeable service for event attendees at Marion Oliver McCaw Hall, home of the Pacific Northwest Ballet and the Seattle Opera. Prelude at McCaw Hall is a 200 seat restaurant featuring seasonal Northwest cuisine and executes service both pre-show and during intermission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain friendly and professional contact with guests ensuring that all guest needs are anticipated while servicing a 7-10 table section.
- Execute service for guests quickly, efficiently, and cheerfully and maintain an in-depth knowledge of menu items including wines by the glass and bottle.
- Accurately utilize MICROS Point of Sale system to process transactions for guests while maintaining all SAVOR...McCaw Hall standards for cash handling.
- Setup, maintain, and cleanup all stations in a clean and organized manner.
- Meet SAVOR...McCaw Hall uniform and appearance standards at all times.
- Ensure that all alcohol service meets SAVOR...McCaw Hall and WSLCB regulations including prevention of over-service.
- Hold current Food Worker's Card and Class 12 MAST permit.
- Other duties as assigned by Food & Beverage management based on event needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- English language and professional verbal communication skills.
- Minimum of 2 years previous high volume restaurant table service experience is required. Previous experience at a multi-outlet property is preferred.
- Previous experience using Point of Sale terminals and handling cash sales is required. Experience with MICROS is preferred.
- Ability to understand and enforce all SAVOR...McCaw Hall and WSLCB regulations regarding safety and alcohol service.
- Ability to take direction and work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively in a high pressure environment.
- Commitment to exceptional guest service.
- This position will require long periods of standing, walking and navigating stairs.
- Direct contact with guests, managers and employees
- Must be able to transport up to 50 pounds
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
Starting wage is $15.45/hour plus tips. This is a part-time, on-call position. All Food & Beverage scheduling is dependent on McCaw Hall's events calendar.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Savor...Seattle at McCaw Hall
305 Harrison St.
Seattle, WA 98109
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (206) 615-0234.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled