SMG Cook in Seattle, Washington
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef
FLSA STATUS: Hourly Non-Exempt
About Savor...Seattle at McCaw Hall
Take advantage of a great opportunity to support the arts in your community. SAVOR... is proud to be the exclusive Food & Beverage provider at Marion Oliver McCaw Hall at the Seattle Center, home of the Seattle Opera and the Pacific Northwest Ballet. We are looking to build our team of culinary professionals working to provide an excellent experience for patrons of the arts, community members, and special event guests.
The primary function of cooks is to prepare food for service for all Food & Beverage outlets at Marion Oliver McCaw Hall, home of the Pacific Northwest Ballet and the Seattle Opera. Service is provided pre-show and during intermission at multiple concessions outlets, two banquet rooms, and a 200-seat restaurant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plan, organize and prepare the production of food products in a timely manner while maintaining the recipe, quality, and presentation standards of SAVOR...Seattle.
- Ensure proper rotation of food products to include dating, labeling, and storage. Ability to assess freshness and quality of food.
- Maintain safe and sanitary working conditions and environment.
- Attend and participate in food production meetings as directed.
- Meet SAVOR...McCaw Hall uniform and appearance standards at all times.
- Hold current Food Worker's Card.
- Other duties as assigned by Food & Beverage management based on event needs.
The requirements listed below are representative of the ability, skill, and/or experience required to succeed in this positon.
- English language and professional verbal communication skills.
- Minimum of 1 year previous restaurant food preparation experience is required. Previous experience as a line cook is preferred.
- Formal culinary training is preferred.
- Ability to take direction and work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively in a high pressure environment.
- Commitment to exceptional guest service.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position will require long periods of standing, walking and navigating stairs.
- Direct contact with guests, managers and employees
- This position works in a loud noise environment.
- Must be able to transport up to 50 pounds
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
Wages are dependent on experience. This is a part-time, on-call position. All Food & Beverage scheduling is dependent on McCaw Hall's events calendar.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Savor...Seattle at McCaw Hall
305 Harrison St.
Seattle, WA 98109
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (206) 615-0234.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled