SMG Banquet Manager in Seattle, Washington
Job Title: Banquet Manager
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports to: General Manager
FLSA Status: Salary Exempt
The primary function of this position is to oversee all non-kitchen aspects of catering operations of SAVOR...Seattle at Marion Oliver McCaw Hall, home of the Pacific Northwest Ballet and the Seattle Opera. McCaw Hall features a 200-seat restaurant, two donor rooms and including all areas can accommodate up to 3000 guests for special events. This includes management of Banquet Servers, Bartenders, and Captains, and the development and implementation of training programs, service standards, and operational guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Select, hire, train, supervise, and discipline all new and existing banquet staff so that all tasks are performed in a consistent manner and all staff maintain SAVOR...Seattle standards and expectations.
- Direct banquet staff during the execution of events to ensure an outstanding guest experience and that service is consistent with SAVOR...Seattle standards and expectations.
- Ability to read, understand, and implement SAVOR...Seattle Standards of Service, Banquet Event Orders, and other policies and procedures. Attend daily and weekly meetings related to event execution.
- Schedules and assigns tasks for catering staff in accordance with the event calendar to ensure proper staffing ratios are met and to ensure excellent guest service.
- Works with the Food & Beverage Team to develop new menu selections and concepts including food, beverage, and concessions options.
- Conceptualize and implement programs and standards to improve the overall standard of Food & beverage service.
- Ensure that SAVOR...Seattle meets all corporate, local, and state policies related to food and alcohol safety.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the ability, skill, and/or experience required to succeed in this position.
- Minimum of 3 years banquet/catering operations management experience is required.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience supervising part-time staff is required.
- Previous experience managing ordering, inventory control, labor cost, and cash handling is required.
- Previous experience with event management software and POS software is required. Experience using Caterease and MS Visio is preferred.
- A thorough understanding of banquet industry standards of service and fine dining food service.
- Ability to read, understand, and implement SAVOR...Seattle standards, Banquet Event Orders, and other policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work and lead a team independently without active supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple services, projects, and tasks.
- Ability to perform all essential functions of the catering lines/staff as needed.
- Excellent knowledge of Pacific Northwest beer, wine, and spirits is preferred.
- An unwavering commitment to outstanding guest service.
- Effective leadership and communication skills suited to a formal, professional environment.
- Must be able to work extended, irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must hold or obtain upon hiring a Washington State Food Workers Card and a MAST Permit Class 12/13.
- Must be able to pass a credit check and criminal background check.
- This position will require long periods of standing, walking and navigating stairs.
- Direct contact with guests, managers and employees
- Must be able to transport up to 50 pounds
Compensation is dependent on experience. Candidates should indicate their requested compensation level in their cover letter. All Food & Beverage scheduling is dependent on McCaw Hall's events calendar.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Savor...Seattle at McCaw Hall
305 Harrison St.
Seattle, WA 98109
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (206) 615-0234.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled