King County Washington Administrative Staff Assistant (TLT/Special duty) in Seattle, Washington
NOTE: This recruitment will be used to fill an immediate term limited temporary (TLT) position or special duty assignment (SDA) Resource Recovery Administrative Staff Assistant position. The TLT position is expected to start in April and is anticipated to end no earlier than April 2019. *If filled internally as a Special Duty Assignment (SDA), pay and duration will be in accordance with Personnel Guidelines or selected employee's collective bargaining agreement. *
WHO MAY APPLY: This position is open to the general public and all King County employees (including King County career service employees who have completed their initial County probation and are interested in a special duty assignment opportunity).
HOW TO APPLY: Please go to https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/kingcounty to apply online. Be sure to attach a resume and cover letter with your application.
WORK LOCATION: King Street Center, 201 South Jackson St., Seattle, WA 98104
WORK SCHEDULE: Typical work hours are Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week. This position is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act, and therefore is eligible for overtime pay. Overtime work must be approved in advance.
OVERVIEW The Resource Recovery Section of the Wastewater Treatment Division (WTD) is tasked with ensuring safe, environmentally friendly products made from an urban renewable waste stream. This position will support five units within the section; Biosolids, Energy, Recycled Water, Sustainability, and Technology assessment. This position reports to the Section Manager, serving two unit supervisors and 20 staff members.
Success in this position requires superior attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and good time management. A good sense of humor is critical, as is the ability to be flexible, and to change priorities at a moment's notice. Successful candidates will possess the ability to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with limited guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, be able take effective action without having to know the total picture.
*WTD is committed to the principles of equity and social justice. We value diverse perspectives and life experiences in our workforce, and are committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive environment. WTD strives to provide equitable services to residents and businesses across King County. *
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and/or coordinate the processing of information for assigned work section.
- Draft correspondence and reports for assigned work.
- Monitor and review budget expenditures and participate in the preparation of section budget.
- Participate in planning and organizing meetings, workshops and other related training.
- Manage meetings, including sending meeting notices, making room reservations and set-up of meeting rooms. Coordinate the preparation of agendas and information packets for meetings, and prepare meeting minutes.
- Plan, coordinate and implement specialized human resources/staffing assignments as directed by supervisory and management staff.
- Compose, draft, type, proofread, incorporate comments, coordinate signatures, coordinate production, and distribution of contract documents, reports and correspondence. Ensure contracts and/or various documents and correspondence conform to the appropriate use of the English language, King County Editorial Style Guide and internal established procedures.
- Process and reconcile Oracle on-line purchases in accordance with County procurement policies. Manage all vendor invoices and reconcile invoicing discrepancies. Track payments to vendors and expedite payments. Coordinate purchases with County P-card holder.
- Act as the liaison with internal and external sources on human resources and financial policies, procedures and functions.
- Develop, plan and/or implement filing/record keeping systems for assigned work unit.
- Provide work direction and/or assignments to staff.
- Coordinate the set-up of new staff spaces, including but not limited to, arranging furniture movement, IT service requests, and new employee checklists.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
Two years of college level training and three years of increasingly responsible administrative experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. At a minimum, the candidate should possess:
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software
- Basic knowledge of budgeting techniques and principles
- Knowledge of office management techniques and principles
- Planning and organizational skills
- Facilitation skills
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills
Skill in working with diverse populations Our ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
Approachability:Is easy to approach and talk to; builds rapport well.
- *Teamwork/Cooperation: *Ability to work harmoniously with others in the work unit toward the accomplishment of common objectives.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Organizational Agility: Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network.
- Process Management: Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done.
- Initiative, Innovation, and Creativity: Energy and aptitude to originate or initiate action, to think and act without being urged; ability to formulate new ideas and methods, utilizing facts and past experience, and to project future possibilities. OTHER REQUIREMENTS: A valid state of Washington driver's license will be required for travel to field locations where no public transportation services are available. Supplemental Information
SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants who meet or exceed the required qualifications and demonstrate that they possess the most competitive background in directly related experience, knowledge, and training may be invited to move forward in the selection process. The remaining selection process may include a combination of interviews and testing.
UNION REPRESENTATION:This position is represented by Teamsters Local 117
Salary: $26.56 - $33.93 Hourly
Location: Seattle, WA
Job Type: Special Duty Assignment or Term Limited Temp (TLT)
Department: Department of Natural Resources & Parks - Wastewater Treatment Division
Job Number: 2018SN07905
Closing: 3/27/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: King County
Address: King County Administration Bldg. 500 4th Ave. Rm. 553 Seattle, Washington, 98104