Microsoft Corporation Supply Chain Manager - Production Control in Redmond, Washington
Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure and Operations is the engine that powers Microsoft’s cloud services. The team is responsible for designing, building and operating our unified global datacenters; managing the demand planning and capacity utilization of our unified infrastructure; and responsible for all the operations needed to run the physical infrastructure including supply chain, hardware, power, security, and workflow teams. We focus on smart growth with an emphasis on automation, data driven engineering, cost effectiveness and environmental sustainability. We deliver the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft’s over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform. Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our portfolio is built and managed by a team of subject matter experts working 24x7x365 to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual to help build the network that powers the world’s largest online services. This is a fabulous opportunity to join a dynamic team and influence the way one of the world’s largest and fastest growing Cloud Infrastructure environments is built and supported. As a critical part of the Cloud Provisioning Engineering team within Microsoft’s Cloud Infrastructure & Operations Organization, this role will help define how we support our customer’s needs and drive agility within our supply chain, leading a high energy, customer focused team. We are all about hardware delivery, production control and efficient inventory management: on time, defect free, optimal inventory management and MCIO Engineering group support. We operate in a high tech environment, laying the groundwork for continued growth while delivering capacity and exceeding our customers’ expectations.
Roles and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Tier 1 Supply Chain and Operations Manager: this role is the key connecting link between our System Integrators (suppliers) and our Customers (Capacity Planning, CPE and DC Ops teams)
Managing the SI integration facilities from an execution perspective.
Relying heavily on Customer Service fulfillment metrics and establishing key performance indicators (milestones, work-back schedules, Cycle time, throughput): this role will take a production scheduling factory focus view holding key internal MSFT functions responsible for their deliverables to our supply base and hold our System Integrators (Suppliers) accountable for timely and defect-free server delivery, by driving proactive communication and root-causes resolution to problem areas.
The individual filling this role will:
Act as the face of the SCOM organization to our partners / Engineering Groups to understand customer delivery requirements, and develop/implement strategies in support of those business needs.
Routinely interact with Senior Management teams both internal within the Supply Chain and MS Business Groups, and represent SCOM in C-level meetings.
Customer Service Fulfillment metrics monitoring: Coordinate and Communicate internal and external messaging on changes to demand delivery, updates and impact, through strong customer fulfillment metrics monitoring.
Responsible for Server Order Book management (Date change management, Demand prioritization and supply allocation assessments)
High Focus on Production Control activities to help develop Supplier operational/ production processes and transform those processes into System Engineering tools, continuously focusing on automating transactional functions, resulting in on time, defect free capacity to our customers.
Develop and drive Microsoft Internal and external key performance Indicators and metrics. Including, SLA monitoring, on-time delivery, lead-times, product transitions, and risk analysis
Achieve delivery performance targets as developed to support business needs, while consistently evaluating opportunities and supporting process updates to enhance supply chain performance.
Manage supply base engagement process, including supplier operational review meetings, metrics, improvement plans and issue resolution
Manage and communicate tradeoffs between our supplier and business needs within Microsoft Responsible for managing continuous improvements and process initiatives in parallel to day-to-day business operations
Skills and Qualifications:
• Excellent communication, problem solving skills - ability to manage competing priorities, set clear expectations, collaborate, identify objectives, develop and deliver feedback in written, oral, and presentation formats for partner teams, and senior executive management.
• Strong Project Management skills involving multiple global System Integrators and Internal partners.
• High comfort with handling multiple ongoing priorities and escalations.
• Strong customer-focus and attention to detail.
• Capable of performing complex data analysis to identify problems or opportunities to improve supply chain performance
• Skilled in Customer Relationship building, and Cross-functional collaboration opportunities.
• Strong skills and knowledge in root cause analysis/problem solving and the ability to implement and drive corrective actions and efficiencies (ability to hold people accountable, and drive closure)
• Ability to work well in ambiguous situations, and deal effectively with conflicting priorities and changes
• Lead organization wide projects to improve delivery, reliability and agility, leveraging others effectively to support internal business team goals
• Experience managing volume planning and purchasing in electronics, contract management or integration/assembly
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 7+ years’ experience in IT / high-tech electronics or Manufacturing / Production supply chain
• Bachelor’s degree in Ops/Industrial /Manufacturing engineering, Business, or related technology degree
• Supplier management experience in an Electronics, or high-volume supply chain and or applicable Manufacturing / Hardware production environment
• Lean-6 sigma black/green belt, PMP, Kaizen, CPIM/CSCP certification, or relevant project and process experience preferred
• Expert Level in the use of MRP, Excel, SQL, Access, and Power Point
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.