Microsoft Corporation Software Engineer II in Redmond, Washington
The world is undergoing a transformation to Cloud Computing, and Microsoft is leading the way with an aggressive strategy to extend Azure to sovereign, disconnected, edge, enterprise, and hybrid scenarios. If you are inspired by the kind of innovation this strategy is going to unleash, have a passion for serious engineering, have the skills to build and support production grade services, and are looking for a dynamic and collaborative team environment, come talk to us!
Azure Stack is a key Microsoft initiative to bring the Azure cloud platform to customers who cannot adopt one of the public Azure offerings. Our team builds integration APIs and features to enable hardware device management scenario (provisioning, health, monitoring, FRU), and work with hardware partners to architect complete end to end solutions. We have opportunities to travel to customer deployments around the world to integrate our solutions with their datacenters.
We are looking for software engineers with a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, but who value passion, creativity, team work, agility, accountability and desire to learn new complex technical areas. We are committed to a growth mindset and relentlessly improving every day. We consider software engineering to be a craft, and we are always looking for better and smarter ways of working. We are interested in smart, motivated individuals, with positive can-do attitude, who come to work with a smile and enjoy writing clean and elegant code.
• Collaborate with peers to design, implement, and improve integration APIs, features, and automation to enable hardware device management and remediation scenarios (provisioning, health, monitoring, FRU)
• Work with OEM partners on hardware platform design, certification, software deployment, E2E solution lifecycle, and datacenter integration to support large scale cloud deployments
• Travel (up to 15% time) to customer and partner locations around the world
• BS degree in Computer Science, related technical discipline or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of hands-on experience with datacenter hardware (compute, storage, and networking) and related technologies (BMC, RDMA, IPMI, Redfish, SSD, NVME, SDN)
• 3+ years of programming experience with C#, Java, C or C++ and scripting experience in PowerShell
• Knowledge of TCP/IP networking fundamental, routing protocols (BGP, OSPF), IP addressing (IPv4, IPv6), security (ACL, IPS, IDS), and network infrastructure (AD, DNS, DHCP)
• Hands-on experience configuring network devices from Cisco, Arista and Dell is a plus
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience in driving technical investigations, prototyping, developing, testing, shipping and running enterprise-class products around services, IaaS, cloud computing
• Solid communication skills
• Strong customer focus and confident in making critical decisions independently in a fast paced and demanding environment
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com