Microsoft Corporation Senior Director of Relationship Marketing in Redmond, Washington
Microsoft’s Windows and Devices Integrated Marketing team is revolutionizing how our devices, services and platforms help consumers be more productive and make the most of every moment. With a rich set of existing products like Windows, Surface and a keen focus on new devices and experiences, the Integrated Marketing team is a one of the most exciting places to work in Microsoft and all of technology. Our mission is to have a deep understanding of our customers, have delightful end-to-end experiences, and innovate to drive growth through world class consumer marketing.
Our team develops all consumer facing marketing strategy and executions for these products on a global scale and prides itself on strategy, execution, and measurement designed to earn business decision makers and fans alike of all the experiences we offer. We're fun. We're social. We're interactive. We’re growing! And, we’re looking for a passionate, proven digital marketing leader to join us who shares our love of technology and finding new ways to delight our customers.
We are looking for a senior marketing leader to head the Integrated Marketing Relationship Marketing team. The Relationship Marketing team owns strategy development, creative execution, and measurement for lifecycle marketing and communications with our customers through our owned and operated marketing channels including email, in-product, and social channels.
• Defining, communicating, and implementing the long-term vision for the Integrated Marketing Relationship Marketing team from strategy and channel evolution to innovation, execution, operations, and measurement
• Leading and inspiring a strong team of Relationship Marketing leaders and practitioners
• Defining engaging and impactful marketing strategies to most effectively reach and engage our customer base throughout their lifecycle and across all digital touchpoints, including email, in-product, and social networks
• Rapidly scaling omni-channel marketing including a strategic focus on reaching our customer base through in-product and social targeting
• Creating fans for Microsoft by generating engagement and advocacy
• Fostering and supporting a constant test, learn, innovate culture in all aspects of relationship marketing including channels, creative, segmentation, targeting, and personalization
• Collaborating with key partners team and stakeholders including data and analytics, product marketing, field, and retail teams
• Partnering with Relationship Marketing team, analytics teams, and engineering to evolve marketing infrastructure, including playing a leadership role in designing and building best-in-class platform and in-product marketing capabilities
• Driving Relationship Marketing thought leadership within Integrated Marketing and Microsoft
-15 years of digital marketing in email marketing, direct marketing, in-product marketing, and/or social marketing, in a leadership capacity, is required.
Omni-channel digital leadership experience is optimal.
Experience successfully managing centralized teams for global consumer brands.
Proven track record of leading high performing teams and developing people.
Ability to lead and inspire creative agency partners.
Passion for understanding customer needs and delivering exceptional customer experiences, including building tight partnerships with engineering to build and evolve RM platforms.
Demonstrable experience in driving digital channel evolution and innovation.
Strong collaboration skills and the ability to influence executives and multiple and diverse partner teams in a highly matrixed organization
Proven capability of driving for clarity and managing ambiguity.
Hands-on leadership experience building and evolving marketing infrastructure to meet business requirements and enable best-in-class marketing.
Strong strategic thinking complemented with a bias for action. A successful candidate needs to be able to lead the team to define a vision, develop strategic, actionable and integrated plans that drive measurable impact, execute successfully, and relentlessly optimize.
Continuous drive for results across diverse set of key performance indicators including business impact, channel excellence, operational efficiencies, and team health.
Strong analytical skills and a demonstrated ability to use data to build and present business cases to leadership and internal partners.
BA/BS degree required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.