Microsoft Corporation Principal Program Manager in Redmond, Washington
Microsoft Enterprise Services is an enabler for our customers, with the mission ‘to enable every company to be a Digital Business’. To achieve this digital transformation, we are looking for a strong leader for our Global Capacity Management Service Line in the Professional Services (PS) engineering team. Our PS team delivers solutions in support of the multi-billion dollar Microsoft Premier and Consulting Services business and we are a part of the broader Core Services Engineering organization that powers the enterprise platforms and services that run Microsoft.
If you are passionate about designing innovative enterprise solutions through scalable services, distributed systems, and data platforms, this job is for you. You will work with engineering teams across Microsoft and guide teams towards successful delivery of business impact. You’ll need to be effective in influencing business decisions across global business stakeholders and engineering partners, and enjoy the challenges that come from pushing the boundaries of what is possible. Along with delivering business impact, we expect this role to be a champion in how we deliver agile solutions, which includes having a deep our understanding of the business priorities and how to measure success, while factoring in best practices from the broader Microsoft landscape and across the industry.
• 12+ years of industry experience developing and implementing enterprise scale services & platforms
• BS/MS in Computer Science (CS) or 2+ years software development/engineering experience
Preferred knowledge, experience and skills:
• Demonstrated CS fundamentals, fluent in systems development, Enterprise Architecture, BI platforms, strong experience in architecting systems at scale
• Mastery of agile engineering principles and delivery
• Experience in Microsoft Azure and distributed systems
• Demonstrated technical design, problem solving and debugging skills
• Ability work with senior business partners and influence strategic decisions
• Ability to guide engineering leads and influence design/implementation of systems
• Experience in Professional Services Automation is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Core Services Engineering