Microsoft Corporation Principal Designer in Redmond, Washington
Are you interested in helping define the user experience of new Microsoft Office products? A new Office team is looking for a passionate Senior UX Designer to help conceptualize, design, and deliver a world-class user experience - and have some serious fun while doing it. Come help us reimagine the future of productivity by creating innovative, meaningful experiences for people’s everyday lives. As a Senior User Experience Designer/Design Lead, you will be an integral part of the Office product development team.
Your role would include design development from concept through to completion, including being a senior contributor to design work, leading other designers, and working with cross-discipline partners including Researchers, PMs, and Developers. To round out the existing team, we are looking for candidates with strong user interface and visual design skills, a desire to lead or manage others, and a range of experience in designing products and services.
Our process is fast and experimental, ideal Candidates should be able to fail fast, fail forward, and enjoy the ride. We value quality of work, passion for design, and the desire to explore new possibilities and push the boundaries of what is possible.
• 7+ years’ experience in interaction design / user experience design
• BS/BA or Master’s Degree in UI, Interactive Media, Graphic, or Industrial Design
• Proven track-record of hands-on user interface design and impacting shipping products
• Enthusiasm and passion for design
• Proficiency with common design tools (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects, etc.)
• Strong design sensibilities (typographic, grid, motion, and color theory skills) and attention to detail required
• Understanding of the design process and fundamentals including research, ideation, concept development and refinement, information architecture, interaction design, rapid prototyping, visual and motion design, brand integration, and redlining assets for production.
• Outstanding communication, presentation, and storytelling skills
• Strong leadership and people management skills
• Strong interest in and aptitude for learning new technologies and design skills
• A portfolio demonstrating breadth, creativity, and innovation in related fields
• Desire to create great products that define the future of productivity
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.