Microsoft Corporation Director Product Marketing- Azure Strategy in Redmond, Washington
Azure is core to Microsoft’s mission and critical to our long-term success. We have built a strong foundation for the Azure business with a comprehensive set of cloud services and integrated tools that customers use to build, deploy, and manage a variety of applications through our global network of datacenters. As we look forward we need to continue making the right decisions and uncovering opportunities to drive future growth in an increasingly competitive environment.
The focus of this role is to drive strategic business decisions with the Azure Leadership Team across the portfolio of Azure products and services. This includes our hybrid and public cloud offerings spanning Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and finished services.
We are looking for a strategic thinker and strong business leader to help shape Microsoft’s cloud strategy and define our path forward. If you are eager to join on a fast paced team and help answer questions that are top of the mind for senior leadership then this is the right place for you. If you love working in a dynamic environment, are able to learn new concepts quickly, and can play different roles depending on the needs of the business then you will thrive on this team.
• Lead strategic projects for the Azure Leadership team, working across Azure products and Services to help address key business opportunities and challenges
• Offer thought leadership on key business opportunities for Azure
• Collaborate across multiple product teams within Azure and build connections with Engineering and Sales stakeholders to help build a shared perspective on strategy and priorities
• Synthesize diverse set of opinions and experiences, build alignment, and drive decision making with the leadership team
• Develop deep understanding of our competition, partners and Microsoft’s field execution
• Provide insight and direction to business leaders through comprehensive research and analysis
• Developing compelling assets that effectively communicate insights/strategies and influence decision making
• Candidates should have at least 7+ years of experience in technology product management/marketing, business development, M&A, management consulting, banking or similar positions, with experience building and leading teams.
• A passion for technology and strategy formulation, and experience in the enterprise technology market.
• Demonstrated track record of success in building and executing high impact ideas
• Ability to build executive buy-in and support
• Comfortable with working on ambiguous business questions
• Self-starter with strong problem solving and analytical skills, and sound business judgement
• Strong collaboration, communication, influencing, and cross-functional leadership skills
• Solid oral and written communication skills and an ability to explain complex issues in an understandable way are required.
• BA/BS required. MS or MBA are preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.