Microsoft Corporation Director Product Marketing- Azure Partner Marketing in Redmond, Washington
There has never been a more critical or exciting time for Microsoft to be building and empowering a thriving breadth global partner ecosystem around the Azure cloud opportunity. We have an exciting opening for a proven leader to join the Azure Strategy & Partner Marketing team to help us excite and enable partners across the world to solve customer challenges and build successful businesses with Azure.
Are you interested in developing innovative partnership approaches that create shared value for Microsoft and its partners, and that encourage partners to build their businesses on Azure versus our competitors? Do you have a passion for driving partner-centric experiences and inspiring audiences? Are you excited about how cloud computing is transforming business models and opening up new opportunities for Azure partners across industries?
We are seeking a strong product marketing/management leader to create and lead a new Partner Marketing Team responsible for helping to shape, market and land differentiated partner experiences for Azure, in tight partnership with Azure Engineering and Microsoft’s One Commercial Partner teams.
Working in close alignment with cross-Microsoft stakeholders, this team will define and deliver our Azure partner strategy, operating model, business models, and GTM plans by providing thought leadership for the Azure business and its partner ecosystem. This team will bring a partner focus to the Azure Product Marketing and Engineering team’s processes and practices, ensuring that we consider partner business model implications and opportunities as we bring Azure services to market, and creating innovative approaches to build our business jointly with partners.
• Build a world-class Azure Partner Marketing team know for strong cross-teaming results, product and customer depth, partner subject matter expertise, business acumen and marketing thought leadership and creativity on behalf of our partner ecosystem.
• Develop and land strategy for growing the Azure business through partners, covering partners of all types including ISVs, managed service providers, systems integrators and digital agencies.
• Lead the development a differentiated value proposition for why Azure is a great opportunity for partners of all types. Build this value proposition into a compelling story and set of assets to land through all of Microsoft’s marketing channels.
• Deeply analyze partner needs and our competitive position to identify opportunities to improve our partner experience on Azure. Drive improvements to this experience by working with engineering and marketing teams across Microsoft.
• Identify and curate partner evidence, technical examples and related assets to credibly land the Azure partner story and opportunity.
• Partner closely with engineering teams to drive partner-centric requirements and deliver improvements across partner experiences with Azure, including Azure Marketplace, support, portal, and programs.
• Create and lead a comprehensive and integrated marketing plan to catalyze/grow Azure consumption by lighting up the Azure partner story/opportunity through to-partner channels/engines, GEPs, partner facing field roles, relevant events and PR and AR moments.
• 7+ years product marketinf, product management or consulting for a technical product
• Proven track record for growing new businesses and building strong x-company relationships with multi-discipline stakeholders and senior executives.
• Solid understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging trends.
• Exceptional leadership skills and community building; must thrive working across organizational and cultural boundaries. Previous management experience preferred
• Strong decision-making, conflict resolution, negotiation skills, and follow through.
• Deals well with ambiguity, identifies systemic approaches to solving problems.
• Results driven; strong analytical skills with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Track record for building and landing audience-minded content that drives desired outcomes via modern mediums.
• Track record for building and leading high-performing, healthy teams.
• Ability to deeply assess the competition and drive perception-shifting efforts that differentiate Microsoft in credible, compelling ways.
• Highly skilled in presenting insights in a concise, effective and influential manner to a variety of audiences, including senior executives on a regular basis.
• A business and/or technical degree is required, MBA preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.