Microsoft Corporation Business Program Manager - Retail in Redmond, Washington
The WW Learning team is learner obsessed, and our mission is to build an enthusiastic learning culture based on industry-leading innovation and aligned for measurable business impact. Learning is a critical lever to accelerate Microsoft’s growth as a digital transformation leader, and to enable our customers, partners and our people to develop, achieve success, and thrive. We believe easily accessible learning is an essential part of a diverse and inclusive culture, and the core ingredient to helping people become their best personal and professional selves.
Within WW Learning, the Global Field & Partner Learning team develops and leads cross-segment, role-based learning programs focused on increasing technical, industry, and professional capabilities, to measurably accelerate field and partner performance. Our team delivers learning programs to over 60,000 professionals across our field organization, and to over 1 million learners across our partner ecosystem.
As part of the Global Field & Partner Learning organization, the Industry Learning Specialist will help define, develop and implement the capability development approach and curriculum for the Retail industry. This includes understanding the knowledge and skill needs across roles, defining an integrated curriculum, building fun and creative learning experiences to develop the capabilities and measuring the business impact. This role will work closely with key internal stakeholders across the Worldwide Industry team, Services and the Field.
• Conduct capability needs assessment working closely with business-aligned learning development managers and the retail business leaders.
• Build a comprehensive curriculum that will advance the retail industry knowledge, skills and capabilities across roles, resulting in greater business results.
• Continuously add and maintain the retail learning assets.
• Become a trusted advisor to the Retail Industry Leader, and team, to define and implement an innovative approach to building needed capabilities in order to exceed business goals.
• Actively engage in the retail industry community and lead readiness discussions as part of the industry and sales rhythm of the business.
• Demonstrate retail industry proficiency as required to build credibility with industry teams and provide value as the learning specialist and business enabler.
• Partner closely with industry teams to understand industry-specific solution maps, product roadmaps, updates, launches, go-to-market plans, and overall objectives.
• Optimize content for the best delivery, accessibility, search ability, and usefulness for the learner.
• Build and continuously test and assess the impact of the content for the learner, and in enabling the business to achieve its objectives.
• Ensure deep understanding of our build-with and co-sell motions with partners, to keep industry learning plans relevant and current.
• Partner with the other Industry Learning Specialists to ensure consistency across industries in the learner experience.
• 10 years of working experience, 5 years of sales, sales operations, or marketing experience.
• Learning & development expertise in the various capability enablement approaches (formal learning, knowledge management, coaching, practice, simulations, etc.), across modern modalities.
• 5 years recent experience working in the Retail, Manufacturing, Government, Financial Services, Education, or Health Industry.
• Experience working with senior leaders, demonstrating strong executive maturity, business acumen, communication and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated expertise collaborating across multiple stakeholder groups to deliver global solutions.
• Self-starter with proven results building and creating business plans with measurement results.
• Established project and program management fundamentals.
• Demonstrated analytical problem solving with an ability to manage through ambiguity.
• MBA, Master’s degree.
• Ability to travel globally 10-20%
WWL - REQ
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Business programs & operations