Washington State DSHS Juvenile Rehabilitation Resident Counselor in Olympia, Washington
You can make a real difference in the lives of at-risk youth when you join our dedicated team at Touchstone Community Facility. We need your motivation and engagement to provide comprehensive case management, transition planning and counseling and treatment referral services for an assigned caseload of youth committed to Rehabilitation Administration care by the juvenile courts, and their families. Our objective is to maintain a secure, therapeutic environment that provides youth the information, skills, and motivation to succeed outside the community facility and remain free from future incarceration.
Some of what you'll do
- Provide supervision and cognitive/behavioral treatment to youth who have a complex range of disorders and service needs
- Interview and administer/interpret screening tools and assessments, assess behavior and risk, prioritize treatment targets, develop treatment plans, and implement Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and other therapeutic treatment interventions
- Facilitate various groups and activities and prepare youth and their families for transition back to the community
- Perform routine security duties
- Supervise and/or serve meals to resident groups
- Monitor movement of residents within the facility and in the community, group
- Supervise and assign chores within a living unit to meet health and hygiene standards.
Who should apply? Professionals who have a Bachelor's degree AND one year of professional experience working with at-risk or justice system involved youth as a case manager, counselor, probation officer, parole officer, or experience working in a social service capacity planning directing, supervising, or facilitating interventions with at-risk juvenile justice system youth or related field. OR One year of experience as a Juvenile Rehabilitation Counselor Assistant. OR A Master's degree in Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Social Sciences, or in an allied field will substitute for the one year of experience.
What we're looking for
- Demonstrated understanding of adolescent development and juvenile rehabilitation practices and principles.
- Experience providing cognitive/behavioral therapeutic interventions.
- Demonstrated competency in relating to clients from diverse backgrounds and cultural groups.
- Knowledge of group behavior and dynamics, societal trends and influences related to juvenile delinquency.
Interested Applicants Applicants selected for an interview will be required to pass a national criminal records background check with fingerprints and complete a questionnaire mandated by the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) inquiring about any sexual misconduct.
For questions about job 02539, contact David Ozment at email@example.com. Supplemental Information
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Salary: $3,436.00 - $4,506.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2018-02539
Closing: 3/21/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact