Washington State DSHS Administrative Assistant 3 in McNeil Island, Washington
The Special Commitment Center (SCC) on McNeil Island is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant 3 to join our team of dedicated professionals. If you are an organized individual who can prioritize and meet deadlines, we need your skills to provide primary administrative support and assistance to the Chief of Resident Treatment and overall support to the Department of Resident Treatment
The Special Commitment Center is a highly structured and secure treatment setting located on McNeil Island. We are currently seeking a motivated professional to make substantive contributions to our team. The ideal applicant will demonstrate flexibility, organization, and interpersonal skills that build up our team forward attitude and create a positive work environment. This opportunity will provide the selected individual with an opportunity to expand upon their current knowledge by delving into the specialized field of sex offender treatment through close work with those who provide sex offender treatment. The selected applicant will become familiarized with the SCC organization and be exposed to work within an evolving treatment program that focuses on evidence based practices, research based interventions, and approaches.
Some of what you'll do
- Answer phones, maintain calendars, and schedule meetings
- Create and modify documents such as reports, databases, contract forms, invoices, memos, letters, etc.
- Process various incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Complete purchase requests, maintenance work orders and travel vouchers for the Chief of Resident Treatment staff
- Perform general clerical duties such as copying, faxing, scanning mailing, and filing
- Organize leave slips for manager review, maintain daily time keeping online record, and maintains calendar of leave
- File, maintain and retrieve clinical records, reports and other documents maintained by the Chief of Resident Treatment's office
- Maintain office supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level
- Act as the primary Administrator of the OffenderWatch for SCC working with outside agencies to update and maintain OffenderWatch database
- Coordinate referrals for physiological testing
What we're looking for Our ideal applicant will have a high school diploma, or GED equivalent AND three years of progressively responsible experience in office/clerical, secretarial, bookkeeping, accounting, or general administrative work. OR Formal education will substitute year-for-year for experience.
What we're looking for
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to work independently to establish priorities to enable completion of assigned work through exercising good judgment, problem solving ability and multitasking to complete all assignments in a timely manner
- Experience working within an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to compose, draft and proofread documents
- Ability to communicate with management, colleagues, treatment team members, residential staff, residents and stakeholders as required
- Organization, attention to detail, and follow through are a must
- Timeliness in documentation and adherence to deadlines are also a must
Applicants must be willing to ride a ferry and bus to and from the work site on McNeil Island that is not part of the working hours.
How to Apply Please include current contact information for three professional references with your application and attach the following:
- Letter of interest with a detailed description of how your experience relates to this opportunity
- A current chronological resume
Please note: This posting will be utilized to fill an important position and role within our department and applicants are encouraged to apply early. The hiring manager reserves the right to review application materials any point during this recruiting process.
Questions? Please contact DSHS Recruiter and reference job number 03877.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Salary: $2,778.00 - $3,612.00 Monthly
Location: Pierce County - McNeil Island, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2018-03877
Closing: 4/24/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact