Macy's Backstage Merchandiser, Full Time: Alderwood in Lynnwood, Washington
* Job Overview: *
A Merchandising Associate is responsible for driving Backstage sales by creating an efficient shopping experience that will highlight value, newness in trends, fast fashion and convenience. The responsibilities of a Merchandising Associate include and are not limited to placing new merchandise according to execution standards, floor moves, replenishment, shortage control, signing and ensuring markdowns are taken in a timely and accurate manner. Perform other duties as assigned.
Macy’s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy’s may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy's schedule options are available during the interview process.
Essential Functions: *
• Assist in merchandising impactful trend statements, new product, season changes, floor moves and clearance set up. • Utilize the RF Handheld equipment to scan product to execute markdowns. • Re-merchandise product based on new arrivals, trend, seasonal change and markdowns. • Execute set-up and removal of signs for the entire store timely and accurately. • Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures; follow shortage programs and procedures. • Perform the above noted functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor. • Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Provide an exceptional customer experience by adhering to Backstage MAGIC standards
• Support the management team in driving a customer centric, fun and engaging culture. • Explain to customers and Macy’s full-line associates what makes Backstage unique and the benefits of having an on-mall off- price partner within the Macy’s store.
- Education/Experience: *
• No specific educational degree is required.
Communication Skills: *
• Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Mathematical Skills: *
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. • Able to use a calculator.
Reasoning Ability: *
• Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team. • Must have good time management skills.
Physical Demands: *
• This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing. • Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. • Involves lifting at least 30 lbs. • May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. • Optical abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Other Skills: *
• Must be able to function as part of a team and collaborate with team members. Possess a strong sense of urgency. • Must enjoy meeting and interacting with customers. • Possess a thirst for learning. • Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
Work Hours: *
• Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Lynnwood
Job: Receiving and Merchandising
Req ID: 71395806