Army Installation Management Command Food and Beverage Attendant NA-03 in Joint Base Lewis McChord, Washington
The FMWRC mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
Located in the heart of the Pacific Northwest's Puget Sound region, Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM) is the Defense Department's premiere military installation in the northwest and is the most requested duty station in the Army. Fort Lewis, named after Meriwether Lewis of the Lewis and Clark expedition, is one of the largest and most modern military reservations in the United States and consists of 87,000 acres of prairie land cut from the glacier-flattened Nisqually Plain.
Accept this challenge and become an important team member of the Business Operations Division located on JBLM. This position is with various facilities on Joint Base Lewis-McChord. Flexible/Intermittent employees serve in a continuing position on a scheduled or as-needed basis while regular positions are scheduled with benefits. Apply today and become a member of the premiere Business Operations Division of JBLM!
A Business Operations Division Recruitment Fair will be held at the Eagle's Pride Golf Course on May 30, 2018. Eagle's Pride is located off Exit 116 near JBLM. The day schedule is as follows: 8:00am to 10:00am accepting applications, 10:00am to noon management will conduct on-the-spot interviews of qualified applicants, noon to 3:00pm tentative job offers and fingerprinting. If you attend, please bring at least two (2) copies of your resume and at least six (6) references not related to you.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is the JBLM local commuting area. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Learn more about this agency
- Collects sales slips, total sales on cash register, accepts payment from patrons and makes change as necessary.
- Maintains related cash records. Keeps work area clean and orderly. Sets up food service counters and steam tables with hot and cold foods and beverages.
- Prepares coffee and hot water for tea, fills beverage dispensers with juices and soft drinks.
- Sets tables, seats guests, records guests' selections and turns in orders to the kitchen.
- Serves food, alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages.
- Presents bill and receives payment. Cleans tables and immediate area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
7401 Miscellaneous Food Preparation and Serving
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Successful completion of a pre-employment physical is required.
- A successful background investigation Tier 1 (CNACI) submission to the Office of Personnel Management is a condition of employment that must be met not later than 30 calendar days after placement in the position.
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends and holiday shifts. May be assigned irregular duties for recreation events and related requirements.
- Satisfactory completion of a minimum of 4 hours initial food sanitation and safety training is required within 30 days of employment and a minimum of 4 hours refresher training annually.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR215-3, 2-15j(1). Incumbent may also be required to complete a Tier 1 background investigation.
Candidates must: 1. Must meet state/local age (21 years) requirements for the serving of alcoholic beverage at the time of appointment. 2. Be able to lift and carry weights up to 20 pounds. 3. Possess math skills necessary to calculate patron bills and take inventory. 4. Skill in mixing and serving alcoholic and/or nonalcoholic beverages.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf
- For a full description of major duties and responsibilities, please click: https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/searchfs/searchnafoutput.asp?fcp=zutpk3eFRt2fkpzbzq9hmmuCUZmZlIuYk6VW
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
- Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Flexible positions are not eligible for participation in Army NAF Benefits programs. Should the hours worked consistently exceed 19 hours in a week for more than 90 days, the employee may be non-competitively placed into a RPT or RFT appointment, as appropriate, in accordance with AR 215-3.
- Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures for a RFT or RPT position (for example, interview, and so forth) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of Spouse Employment Preference (SEP) entitlement for the current Permanent Change of Station (PCS) of the sponsor.
- Military spouses requesting spouse employment preference (SEP) consideration MUST provide a copy of the sponsor's PCS orders to the current duty station and marriage certificate at the time of application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
**Preference-eligible candidates (i.e. Spouse Preference & Involuntarily Separated Military) will be referred to management first. If an additional list is required, the remaining applicants will be referred to management in the following order: 1. Priority Consideration (i.e. Current/Former NAF, Veterans, etc) Eligible Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications. 2. Non-Priority Consideration Eligible Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications.
*Please note: Applicants who indicate they are not able to work nights, weekends and holiday shifts will be ineligible for consideration as you do not meet the conditions of employment.
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DA Form 3434, Sponsors PCS Orders, Marriage Certificate, Transition Assistance Card
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (WENAFEU1810216018SR)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00PM on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
JBLM NAF Human Resources Office
EU-NAF-W12KAA JOINT BASE LEWIS-MCCHORD DO NOT MAIL Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499842100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 05/16/2018 to 07/31/2018
Salary: $13.21 to $15.41 per hour
Pay scale & grade: NA 3
Work schedule: Multiple Schedules
Appointment type: Multiple Appointment Types