Microsoft Corporation Software Engineer 2 in Issaquah, Washington
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Microsoft Core Services Engineering (CSE) is for those technical professionals and business technology professionals who want to be strategic partners to the business and be the first place to create innovative solutions using all of Microsoft’s products and services. Microsoft CSE provides career growth opportunities, a rewarding and flexible work environment so you can better integrate professional and personal life. Microsoft CSE employees make global impact on thousands of customers and thousands of employees who use Microsoft software and services.
Are you excited about building solutions that enable Microsoft to aid the digital transformation of our customers? Are you passionate about creating optimal end user experiences and increasing productivity? Do you want to have an impact on revenue for a multi-billion-dollar business? If so, come join the Professional Services Engineering team and help us build new experiences, critical to managing relationships with the top Microsoft customers
The ideal candidate will have experience in a team environment, designing, developing and running enterprise scale services and platforms, technical depth in cloud platforms, agile development practices, and experience in designing & tuning telemetry. This position also requires an individual who can demonstrate the ability to ensure highly resilient and scalable service design through partnership with other members of the service team.
• Design, develop, test, deploy and support secure & scalable enterprise solutions
• Active participant as a core member of a project team
• Work with Product owners to consume product backlog and generate technical design
• Work across teams to ensure seamless integration of the enterprise solution
• Work in an agile environment using scrum
• 5+ years of industry experience designing and developing enterprise scale services & platforms
• 5+ years of experience in C# or Java with solid analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
• BS/MS in Computer Science or other technical discipline
• Great analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
• Experience in a DevOps culture supporting live site.
• Experienced agile practitioner (certified scrum master, scrum developer or scrum professional)
• Experience with Continuous Delivery practices, TDD.
• Experience in Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and REST.
• Experience in micro services and WebAPI
• Experience working with Program Management, Business & Audience teams to understand business scenarios and map them to technical architecture & designs
• Experience defining and implementing a telemetry strategy to capture business outcomes
• Great planning and organizational navigation skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ready to ramp up on new technologies as needed
• 1+ years of hands on experience with Angular JS/Knockout/Bootstrap related frameworks
• 1+ years of hands on experience with HTML5 / CSS / CSS3
• 2+ years of expertise developing solutions on Microsoft Azure Platform
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Core Services Engineering