DaVita Refill Authorization Representative in Everett, Washington
At the Everett Clinic, a DaVita Medical Group, our purpose is simple - do the right thing - for our patients and each other. The philosophy allows us to recruit the best talent and enjoy a reputation as one of the most innovative and high-quality healthcare providers in the country.
Some say we are a medical group, but we like to think we're a large family. Our team cares about our patients and each other. We offer the best in quality care, advanced technologies and quality facilities.
Our Core Values:
We do what is right for each patient.
We provide an enriching and supportive workplace.
Our team focuses on value: service, quality & cost.
The Everett Clinic offers competitive salary, excellent benefits including a retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, health insurance, flexible work schedules and professional growth opportunities. Work with the best. Join our Team.
Schedule: 40 hours a week Monday through Friday. Specific days and hours are to be determined.
JOB SUMMARY: Under general supervision, processes refill authorization and prior authorization requests in a centralized location for all Primary Care providers. Refill Authorization Representatives are a vital communication hub between patients, providers and pharmacies providing outstanding customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment.
Assists in the coordination of clerical information necessary to provide excellent patient care and outstanding customer service. This may include, but is not exclusive to:
• Communicates patient requests/concerns to physician or registered nurse verbally and in writing.
• Prepares refill and prior authorization requests for review by the provider as directed by department protocols.
• Schedules appointments if necessary.
• Arranges lab tests prescribed by physician or registered nurse.
• Enters/gathers patient information in the EHR to process refill and prior authorization requests.
• Fosters positive interpersonal relationships with fellow employees, physicians and patients.
• Documents pertinent information in the EHR.
• Communicates with patients via email, mail or phone as directed by department protocols.
Duties listed below are integrated into all job functions:
• All staff members are to promote a positive and productive work environment by acting maturely and responsibly, satisfactorily performing his or her job responsibilities and conducting themselves in a professional, courteous and respectful manner toward fellow employees, physicians and patients.
• Must relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extreme; (b) perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others; and (c) respond openly and appropriately to feedback regarding performance from a supervisor.
• Performs all duties in a manner which promotes and supports the Core Values and Compact of The Everett Clinic.
• Integrates Lean principles, practices and tools to improve operational efficiency, reduce costs and increase customer satisfaction.
• Frequently must follow written and oral instructions as well as complete routine tasks independently.
• Completes annual compliance training on HIPAA/Privacy/Confidentiality/Non-Discrimination/Harassment/Integrity Statement and signs Agreements.
• Ensures confidentiality of patient information following HIPAA guidelines and TEC policies.
• Attends training to meet requirements of the job position and as needed or mandated by TEC policies, Div. of Occupational Safety & Health (DOSH), OSHA, L&I and other state/federal regulations.
• Has regular and predictable attendance.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
2% Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Noted below are the essential responsibilities the job holder must be able to perform satisfactorily to do this job successfully. Note that these requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to perform this job.
Knowledge: Knowledge of pharmaceutical/medical terms and abbreviations. Knowledge of medication refill and prior authorization process. Familiar with Lean principles.
Skill: Possess basic computer skills and be able to enter patient data and navigate computer applications i.e. EHR (EPIC), Intranet, and Outlook. Computer and math skills required for usual medication dosage and determination. Demonstrates outstanding customer service skills and verbal and written skills.
Ability: Must be able to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and written.
Education: Successful completion of a Washington State Board of Pharmacy approved Pharmacy Technician training program.
Experience: One year experience as a Certified Pharmacy Technician. Previous exposure to a call center environment and/or customer service oriented job experience.
Certificate/License: Current WA State Department of Health Pharmacy Technician certification required. Current AHA Basic Life Support certification.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve non-routine and complex office administrative problems; may use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks; work under intensive deadlines with frequent interruptions; and interact with managers, staff, customers, patients, the public and others encountered in the course of work, some of whom may be dissatisfied or abusive individuals.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Typical office conditions and noise level is usually quiet. Interaction with others is busy, constant and occasionally interruptive. Work may be demanding at times. May require ability to work irregular hours.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CONTACT: Physicians, employees, patients, public and possibly vendors.
The first two weeks of training require full time Monday thru Friday, 8am - 5pm. This is not optional. Please ensure you available to attend training before applying to this position.
DaVita Medical Group manages and operates medical groups and affiliated physician networks in California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, New Mexico, Pennsylvania and Washington. A leading independent medical group in America, DaVita Medical Group has over two decades of experience providing coordinated, outcomes-based medical care in a cost-effective manner. As of June 30, 2017, DaVita Medical Group’s teammates, employed clinicians and affiliated clinicians provided care for approximately 1.7 million patients. DaVita Medical Group’s leadership development initiatives and social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune, Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu.
DaVita Medical Group is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita Medical Group makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita Medical Group will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.