Microsoft Corporation Technical Security Program Manager 2 in Bellevue, Washington
Microsoft’s Artificial Intelligence Group (IA) is looking for a technical security program manager to drive security initiatives across the AI engineering teams. We support over 6000 engineers working on some of the most innovative products, such as Cortana personal assistant scenarios (Cortana personal assistant, Cortana Speaker, Connected Car, 3rd party integrations), robotics, cognitive services and bots (just to name a few). We also provide support for Microsoft’s Bing search and cross company platforms such as search, speech, user personalization, targeted advertising and big data platform. This is THE place to be.
• Work with corporate security teams and AI engineering teams to identify technical requirements and engineering/business implications regarding security initiatives.
• Proactively identify security improvements, including those to address emerging threats and new technologies.
• Identify and assess potential solutions, partnering closely with our security teams.
• Drive security Initiatives end-end, including requirements gathering, planning, engineering implementation, training and reporting, partnering closely with AI engineering teams.
• Drive wide-scale incidents across teams to closure.
• Act as a technical security advisor to engineering teams. Helping them assess impact and identify design options to meet requirements.
• As needed, deliver security feature reviews, including architecture reviews and threat modelling for complex online services, mobile apps and hardware devices.
• Candidates should be highly motivated and passionate about security and user trust. In addition to technical depth, strong cross collaboration skills, and the ability to positively influence engineering teams is a must.
• 5+ years professional experience in security and engineering, consultation, or security testing
• 2+ years professional program management experience building software solutions
• 4-year degree in computer science or closely related discipline, or 4+ years experience in software development
• Hands-on and strong experience with the Security Development Lifecycle (SDL) and conducting security assessments.
• Knowledge in common classes of software vulnerabilities such as buffer overflows, cross-site scripting, cross-site request forgery, SQL injection, and cryptographic weaknesses
• Experience with cloud computing, online services, enterprise software development, engineering and/or operations at scale
• Experience driving projects (both technical and process-oriented) across diverse teams and roles.
• Knowledge of operational security capabilities including access control, network security, secure configuration and vulnerability management, intrusion detection, security monitoring and incident response
• High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced competitive environment
• Strong cross-group collaboration skills and the ability to manage multiple ongoing project
• Familiarity with C# .NET is highly recommended but not required.
• Familiarity with Objective C, swift and general iOS development practices.
• Familiarity with Java and Android.
• Basic scripting skills in as Ruby, Python, C#, C or C++ etc.
• Knowledge about Azure technologies is preferred but not required.
• Working knowledge of Windows and Linux.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Program management (engineering)