Expedia Technical Product Manager II in Bellevue, Washington
At Expedia, we have a purpose. Every single day our goal is to help millions of travelers find that perfect destination, perfect accommodation, or perfect activity to make their trip...perfect. At the heart of this is Expedia’s Lodging Shopping team - a group dedicated to making sure we connect our customers with the right accommodation. If that sounds interesting, keep reading.
The Lodging Shopping team is looking for smart, energetic, and creative problem solvers to join our exceptional technology team. We are a team of travel loving engineers building a cutting-edge lodging shopping platform using open-source technologies. Our product serves our customers on desktops, tablets, and mobile devices.
As a Technical Product Manager, you will be at the forefront of bringing technology and business together to revolutionize the world of travel - setting the new standard in terms of ideas and technologies.
- You will work closely with engineering teams, product teams, UX designers and product partners to understand requirements, research and document technological solutions, and ensure successful delivery for our customers.
- You will take ownership of driving new feature development through every stage of the product life-cycle.
- You will bring together detailed functional requirements from business partners, collaborate with software design engineers and software testers to identify feature details and document them appropriately.
- You will effectively handle trade-offs between cost, schedule, and customer benefit.
- You will measure feature success post ship and feed insights back to the team and the business.
- You will align with business partners to balance business and technical objectives and manifest these as clear, stable priorities for the team.
- You will develop an in-depth understanding of our business.
- You will actively contribute to our team's culture of having fun together, adopting change, and delivery.
- You have technical product management or program management experience.
- You have a real passion for solving complex software engineering problems in a dynamic environment.
- You have a strong communication (oral/written) style that has proven successful in a highly matrixed environment
- You thrive working in an agile environment.
- You have the ability to creatively pursue challenging business/technology problems.
- You have experience gathering business requirements and turning them into detailed technical requirements.
- You possess a high degree of competency with project management including: project planning, issue and risk identification and management, tracking dependencies and achievements, and communication of overall project status.
- You show ability to work across teams to drive the implementation of new features as well as resolve operational issues.
- You have familiarity with web-based product development including software development processes, n-tiered architectures, service oriented architectures, data organization, and performance optimization.
- A BA/BS degree in technical field or related discipline such as information science or computer science preferred
- Experience with cloud architecture and providers (AWS, Azure, etc) preferred
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
- Posted 9 Days Ago
- Full time