Microsoft Corporation Senior Program Manager in Bellevue, Washington
Senior Program Manager – Bing Products Global Ecosystem
How much do you love Maps and Geography? Not much you say? I’ll pause for a moment while you move on to the next job posting.
Still with me? Great! The Bing Maps team is looking for a Program Manager equally at home as a software engineer and partner engagement guru.
You will play a critical role in defining the product roadmap for the Bing Maps Enterprise Platform, working closely with our engineering team to prioritize and build new platform capabilities. And then you get the satisfaction of working directly with customers and development partners to leverage our geospatial platform in their solutions.
So if you want to make an impact on the future of our maps and geospatial business, work as part of a team of pre-sales engineers with our internal & external customers and represent your clients in a customer-driven product development, don’t hesitate; we’re waiting to hear from you!
The Bing Products Global Ecosystem team incubates and Grows the business for a broad spectrum of technologies from Bing APIs and Cognitive Services to Maps. We love a challenge, moving quickly and taking risk.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to understand the value of maps & geospatial technologies across a diverse set of customers from all industries and guide customers during the adoption. We are a small and agile team. We work with and for each other and you need to be able to work hands-on and dive technically deep. Your conversations will reach from evangelization to C-level discussions to deep-technical workshops.
• Passion for Maps and Geography! It’s what we’re all about.
• Some of the hats you will wear – Software Engineer, Sales Engineer, Product Planner, program manager.
• This role is our primary liaison to our public developer community. Blogging, forum discussions, participation in Open Source forums, presenting at Conferences etc…
• M.S./B.S. in Computer Science or a Geospatial field, or 4+ years of work experience in software development or with geospatial technologies.
• 2+ years of program management experience
• Technical and prototype-level programming expertise with Internet technologies
• C#, Javascipt, and SQL skills are required. Typescript and Cosmos are nice too
• Understanding of cloud technologies and patterns
• Excellent communication skills
This role is based Bellevue, WA. Moderate travel is required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Program management (engineering)