Securitas Security Services USA Scheduler in Bellevue, Washington
JOB SUMMARY: Establishes, maintains and reviews schedules; matches available staff to posts; prints and distributes schedules; minimizes avoidable overtime; contacts and redeploys staff to fill call-offs; responds to schedule changes and client requests; inputs information into automated resource system; takes and logs calls from sites.
*_Distinguishing Characteristics_: *Primary job function is scheduling Security Officers.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Schedules Security Officers and supervisors at client sites; manages the scheduling process to optimize operating results and to keep avoidable overtime (AVOT) to a minimum; resolves staffing issues and problems as directed by Branch management.
- Maintains site coverage at all times; tracks requests for time off including vacation and personal leave requests to ensure site coverage; responds to emergency situations, call-offs, and absences to ensure that client sites have coverage; acts as call in center for remote posts.
- Ensures that accurate timekeeping, payroll, and billing data is posted in the automated resource system; verifies billing and payroll reports and corrects discrepancies; interfaces with accounts receivable and payroll departments to make corrections.
- Maintains current knowledge of site contracts and requirements, of Security Officer training, availability and time worked, and of client exclusion lists.
- Coordinates scheduling changes with Branch management, supervisors, and staff; serves as a liaison with clients and Branch management, supervisors and staff in resolving scheduling, training, billing and payroll problems.
- Ensures that an adequate on call security force is available to cover vacancies created by absences and call-offs.
- Coordinates the daily schedules and assignments of Field Supervisors; briefs Supervisors on changes to post schedules and new Security Officer schedules.
- Advises Branch management and/or Human Resources staff of openings as they occur; assists in the screening of Security Officer candidates; interviews new Security Officers to ascertain their availability for various shifts; matches Security Officers with site requirements and qualifications.
- Recommends removal of Security Officers from posts based on client complaints, attendance problems or other performance issues; advises Branch management of any staffing problems that may arise as client requirements change.
- Maintains records of Security Officer qualifications, certifications and training and coordinates on-site training requirements with site supervisor to meet client needs.
- Manages key and equipment control process.
- Performs tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for assigned office.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or G.E.D. and 2 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Understanding of security operations.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mathematical concepts including computation of rates, ratios, percentages, averages and reconciliation.
- Ability to understand and provide instructions in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
- Ability to use personal computers and office productivity software.
- Ability to write logs and reports.
- Planning, organizing, and leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to be an effective team member.
- Courteous telephone manner.
- Strong customer service and service delivery orientation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Computer usage.
- Regular talking and hearing.
- Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Date Posted: 3/8/2018
Job Code: 6239
Country: United States of America
Category: First-Line Supervisors