Universal Forest Products Production Manager in Yakima, Washington
- Preferred bachelor degree in relating discipline or equivalent
- Minimum of two years of experience as production supervisor or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Preferred experience and knowledge on UFP's organization, culture, and product lines
Skills and abilities
- Proficiency in the use of the English language in reading, writing and speaking
- Ability to successfully interact with all organizational levels and the public
- Demonstrated proficiency to manage multiple tasks, to set priorities, and to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and in developing subordinates.
- Demonstrated ability to be mobile in the work environment.
- Ability to apply business math to manufacturing processes.
- Ability to use a computer terminal, and proficiency of the use of MS Office and other business software
- Demonstrated skill in leading project and other people
- Demonstrated skill in improving processes
- Self-managing; works well under little supervision
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Good interpersonal skills and good communicator
- Strong organization skills and detail oriented
- Be a team player and support the Company's goals
- Conducts in a professional manner
Ability to pass a drug test
Develops production schedules for area of responsibility, coordinates activity with other areas and forecasts inventory requirements.
Formulates long and short-range business plans and goals.
Ensure that all plant assets in area of responsibility are properly managed and safeguarded.
Staffs assigned operations to meet production levels consistent with cost objectives.
Ensures that employees are properly trained.
Supervises activities directly or through supervisors and lead operators.
Coaches and develops subordinates, evaluates performance and initiates corrective action as required.
Establishes work center/operation efficiency standards.
Monitors performance to established efficiency and quality standards and initiates corrective action as required.
Ensures performance reviews are conducted in accordance with policy in area of responsibility.
Ensures that yard conditions and housekeeping conforms to Company standards in area of responsibility.
Monitors expenses for area of responsibility and initiates corrective action as required.
Analyzes production operations and workflow and develops improvement recommendations.
Monitors output, cuts/yields and scrap to ensure efficient resource utilization and initiates corrective action as required within area of responsibility.
Manages inventory in area of responsibility, ensures inventory is rotated in accordance with operational policy, and participates in month-end inventory.
Ensures that machinery in area of operation is properly maintained.
Orders supplies, initiates purchase orders, and approves timecards and incentives.
Manages finished goods packaging as required.
Prepares various reports and logs as required.
Participates in the Safety Committee process and ensures that assigned operations are performed consistent with Company and OSHA policies, practices and procedures.
Ensures that operations are performed with Federal, State and local laws and regulations, and Company policy and procedure.
Prepares various reports as required.
Performs other duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled