Lockheed Martin Director, Sales & BD, Mission Equipment / Woodland / WA in Woodland, Washington
Sikorsky’s Mission Equipment business is seeking a highly talented and motivated Director of Sales and Business Development to lead the internal and external sales force at LifePort Inc. and Enflite. The successful candidate will be charged with the responsibility to grow a business with $50M+ in sales, as well as maintaining high levels of employee engagement across the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for establishing and growing Mission Equipment in International and domestic markets by strategically seeking out and creating sales opportunities and channels • Establishes strategic sales objectives for all current and future product lines of Mission Equipment in domestic and international markets • Develop and deliver strategic plans for the sales organization, focused on growth and new product activities • Develop win strategies for new business pursuits • Identify new products and adjacent market opportunities • Perform tactical functions: prepare multiyear quote proposals, manage sales/engineering/customer interface, establish pricing, perform negotiations, manage customers and perform marketing analysis etc • Manage relations with outside reps and inter company Sikorsky – Mission Equipment sales team • Ensure that Sales Channel supports new product development goals of engineering & the growth objectives of the business • Maintain a strong technical understanding of Mission Equipment products and applications and be able to represent their benefits, and functionality to customers • Work with Mission Equipment marketing and business development in support of corporate trade shows and events • Be able to understand Mission Equipment products and applications to correctly configure components as required to best meet customer needs • Analyze multiple types of financial and market data, determine, verify and validate rationale behind business pursuit of opportunity • Use and maintain accurate sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of products, analyzing business developments and monitoring market trends
Directly supervises employees in Sales, Marketing, Business Development, and Proposal Departments. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Basic Qualifications - 10 years International sales or business development experience in aerospace related field - Proven experience developing and managing an International customer base - Previous experience selling to foreign government and Aerospace Industry - Demonstrated experience in understanding of financial analysis and pricing methodologies
Based on US Govt Client Needs - Must be a U.S. Citizen
Desired skills - B.S degree required, Engineering, Business or technical degree preferred - Knowledge/experience with complex electro-mechanical assemblies preferred. - Knowledge of the US Government ITAR and EAR
- Demonstrated ability as a change agent
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills, including ability to present information to various audiences
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure and deadlines
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Ability to understand contractual legal language
- Strong influencing and listening skills
- Ability to problem solve including creating innovative solutions to internal and external issues
- Ability to manage conflict in a negotiation
- Demonstrated closing capability and track record of growing profitable sales
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Woodland Washington