RELX Group Senior Valuations Analyst – FlightGlobal – New York, USA in Washington
Senior Valuations Analyst – FlightGlobal – New York, USA
Category: Data Research & Analytics
Location: Washington, United States
Senior Valuations Analyst – FlightGlobal – New York, USA
Working at FlightGlobal is dynamic, exciting and not without its share of challenges. We have a can-do culture and, having doubled in size in the last three years, it’s a fast moving business with big ambitions. You need to be solutions orientated with a positive approach to life and work.
We’ve been pioneering aviation insight for over 100 years, providing essential access to the aviation market, insight, data and news. Our extensive range of sponsorship, marketing and advertising solutions connect clients to global aviation professionals across on and offline channels and face to face events
As a Senior Valuations Analyst, the candidate will be expected to perform a large volume of desktop aircraft valuations, both for individual aircraft and for large portfolios. They will also be expected to be up to date on the latest market developments, attend appraiser briefings and other industry events, and contribute to value change decisions, as well as market commentaries, aircraft ratings and other FlightGlobal and FlightAscend products.
The role has a high level of customer interaction and the candidate will be required to communicate with clients both proactively and in response to queries, as well as occasionally speak at conferences or customer events. They will also be required to occasionally assist the sales team in bringing on board new clients and retaining existing ones, as well as putting together quotes and proposals for consultancy projects in their field of expertise.
Aircraft and Aero-Engine Appraisals / Valuations
- Manage and deliver desktop appraisals for a variety of aircraft types using FlightAscend’s suite of valuation methodologies
- Utilise your network of market contacts to collect valuation data points
- As a member of FlightAscend’s Value Review Board, contribute to and create
Market and Base Value and Lease Rates for all commercial aircraft, engines
- To contribute to and write FlightAscend’s suite of commercial aircraft and aero-engine market commentaries
- Carrying out peer reviews of other analysts work
Business Development & Thought Leadership
- Assist the global sales team in client growth and retention to understand their needs and identify new opportunities
- Deliver joint pitches with the Sales team of valuations services including state of the industry updates to customers
- Represent FlightAscend through delivery of presentations / panel membership at international conferences / events when necessary
- Contribute comment and analysis to Flightglobal news services on an ad-hoc basis
- Contribute comment and analysis to FlightAscend’s own content platforms, including quarterly Viewpoint publication, regional client briefings and quarterly webinars
- Contribute to Flight FlightAscend’s master slide pack with new content to be used in presentations on industry trends and hot topics
Product Development (New and Existing)
- Contribute to new product development through product ideas, review existing products (from a customer perspective) and drive development of products for the aviation market
- To contribute to current product delivery using skill and market expertise to deliver high quality products
- Provide on-going support to existing product strategy
- Work on other Consultancy projects including international projects out of FlightAscend’s Europe, US & Asia offices as required by the business
- Proactively monitor market activity and use FlightAscend’s suite of data products to uncover, validate and/or disprove market trends and activity
- Identify ways that FlightAscend can improve its processes to improve quality, accuracy, efficiency etc.
- Mentoring and training junior analysts as and when required
Key Skills Required:
- Good all round commercial aviation knowledge, especially in current affairs, technical issues and commercial aircraft
- Understanding of the parameters driving demand for aircraft and air transport
• The ability to interpret and present numerical, financial and statistical data; excellent numeracy skills (but note that full training will be provided in all of FlightAscend’s values methodologies and processes) · The ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
• Knowledge of statistics is a plus.
• Proven ability in problem solving and research skills
• Ability to produce written reports in a clear and concise manner
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Competence in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Access essential; advanced skills for Excel and Access are an advantage
• A Passion for aircraft - previous work experience within the air transport industry in an analytical, financial or technical role is useful
• Fluent in written and spoken English; knowledge of a second language is a plus
• Rapport building and networking – the ability to build a personal network both internally and externally
• Self-confident – has opinion and is prepared to constructively defend it
• Trust, integrity and discretion especially when handling confidential data
- Demonstrable appraisal experience, ideally in commercial aircraft
- Demonstrable experience in the aviation industry.
- ISTAT or ASA accreditation would be a distinct advantage
- Leasing/finance/accounting experience would be an advantage but is not essential
About Reed Business Information
Reed Business Information (RBI) provides information, analytics and data to business professionals worldwide. Our strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
RBI is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . EEO is the Law. EEO is the Law Supplement
RBI General Benefits Package
- 401k match of 5%
- 18 Days paid annual leave to start, increasing with years of service
- Paid Charity Days – 2 days per year
- Benefits start the upon hire date
- Excellent OTE & Competitive Salaries