King County Sheriff's Office Office Assistant/ SEP Associate III in Washington
Position Summary This SEP (Supported Employee Program) Associate III position will provide general office support and data entry for the Transit Division. There is a strong emphasis on organizing and filing of multiple documents, both electronically and hard copy. In addition, reading handwritten documents, using printers, copiers, and a variety of computer and office tasks such as copying, collating, mailing, faxing, opening and distributing mail as appropriate, maintaining inventory, and processing paperwork. Data input accuracy, a basic working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, email, and the Internet are key components for this position.
Vacancy Information This recruitment will be used to fill one current career service position that will split time between the Transit Human Resources (THR) workgroup and the Operations (Ops) Section(see below for additional information on THR and Ops).
In addition, this selection process may be used to generate an eligibility pool for future career service, special duty assignment (SDA) and/or Term Limited Temporary (TLT) positions that may occur in this SEP Associate III classification within the Transit Division.The eligibility pool would be valid for six months upon creation, at the discretion of the hiring authority.
NOTE: If you are interested in being considered for future career service opportunities that may occur in the six months throughout Transit, you are encouraged to apply for this recruitment.
Operations manages seven bus bases, and the training, service quality and control center units. With over 3,000 employees, Operations is the largest section of Metro Transit. Operations excels at agile responses to emerging challenges and is in the midst of tremendous change to leverage current technologies. The retirement of the baby boom generation, combined with increasing service levels, has created opportunities never seen before for employee development and promotion. Transit Human Resources
Transit Human Resources supports the largest division in King County in recruitment and selection, workforce planning and development, hiring authority and section manager advisement, HRIS data and analytics and electronic records management. Our team practices a wide variety of specialization within HR, including selection and recruitment design practices, classification/compensation, policy/procedure development and administration, workforce development, career planning, training, marketing/outreach, data analysis and HR metrics. We take immense pride in knowing that the work we do allows Metro Transit to continue to meet the transportation needs of the county's growing population.
Who May Apply This position is open to the general public and current King County Employees who are *active clients of Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA), and who currently receive and will maintain long-term employment support from a County-contracted Employment Service Provider. *
Forms and Materials Required An online employment application, completed at www.kingcounty.gov/jobs, with employment history going back at least ten years if you have ten years of employment (or more to include all relevant experience). A resume and a cover letter summarizing your interest in this opportunity and how your qualifications align with the position's requirements are highly recommended.
Work Location The current vacancy will be assigned to King Street Center, 201 S. Jackson Street, Seattle, which is close to King County Metro bus lines, the Link Light Rail-International District stop and Sounder- King Street Station. Future opportunities may be located at various Transit locations.
Work Schedule The position's base work schedule is 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday; alternative work schedules may be considered. This position is non-exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act, and is overtime eligible with prior supervisory approval. NOTE: Future opportunities may have varied work schedules and hours per week.
Great Benefits King County provides our employees with a free transportation pass (good on Metro, Pierce, Community and Sound Transit) and a competitive benefits package, (see Benefits tab for more details).
Questions If you have questions about your eligibility for the Supported Employment Program, please contact the Supported Employment Program Manager, Christina Davidson at email@example.com or (206) 477-3372.
If you have questions regarding this announcement, please contact Human Resources Analyst, Kellie Parker at Kellie.Parker@kingcounty.gov or (206) 477-7642.
Job Duties: Job Duties will include any or all of the following duties, and/or other duties as assigned.
- Numerical and alphabetical filing
- Organizing and maintain filing cabinets
- Data entry in various applications (for example: Excel, HASTUS, PeopleSoft, Laser Fiche)
- Making copies
- Make new employee and interview packets
- Creating new employee physical files and making labels
- Collating packets Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills: Two years of experience providing a variety of administrative or clerical support OR any equivalent combination of experience and education which provides the applicant with the skills, knowledge and abilities required to perform the work, is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors and co-workers
- Ability to read hand written documents
- Ability to read English
- Ability to file alphabetically, numerically, including digital and paper records
- Ability to sort and match letters, numbers, names, items and addresses
- Ability to perform internet research
- Ability to perform data entry in MS Excel and in a database
- Ability to follow directions, stay focused and perform repetitive work
- Ability to navigate to a different floor to deliver confidential information
- Ability to handle confidential material
- Perform tasks with high accuracy and quality Preferred Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel experience
- Frequent use of hands to type, use the mouse, handle or feel documents and objects, press buttons to program scanner, open boxes and filing cabinet drawers, and pull out folders
- Frequent bending or reaching to organize and maintain filing cabinets
- Frequent delivery of items to different floors within the King Street Building
- Occasional lifting or moving 10-20 pound file boxes
Occasional pushing a cart to transport file boxes to a different floor Work Environment
Office setting with fluorescent lighting
- Quiet work space
- Desk located near supervisor and other supportive staff members
- Limited co-worker discussion while working
- Tasks will be assigned from two work sections that are located close together Supplemental Information: Selection Process Applicants will be screened for SEP eligibility and application clarity, completeness, and competitiveness. The most competitive candidates may be invited to participate in testing and panel interview(s). Reference checks will be conducted before the hire.
Other Information Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
The position is represented by the Professional and Technical Employees, Local 17. Temporary positions are not represented.
Class code: 4220300
King County values diverse perspectives, life experiences, and differences. The Department of Transportation encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and veterans. We are committed to being equitable and fair in providing equal access to opportunities for all.
Job Title: Office Assistant/ SEP Associate III
Opening Date/Time: Fri. 09/15/17 12:00 AM Pacific Time
Closing Date/Time: Sun. 10/01/17 11:59 PM Pacific Time
Salary: $19.90 - $24.05 Hourly $41,392.00 - $50,024.00 Annually
Job Type: Career Service, Full Time, 40 hrs/week
Location: Multiple locations in King County, Washington
Department: Department of Transportation - Transit Division