Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Technology Architect - Network
Location: Vancouver, WA
Department: 8721-IS Administration
Work Hours: 8AM-5PM
Work Days: M-F
Job Type: Regular
Req #: peac-00024894
Salary Range: $40.95 - $61.43
PLEASE NOTE: This job is open to internal candidates ONLY.
PeaceHealth is looking for an outstandingTECHNOLOGY ARCHITECT - NETWORKto join our Information Services and Technology (IST) team! This is afull-time, exempt position. The Technology Architect - Network is a recognized technology expert in current and emerging technologies and trends primarily associated with LAN, WAN, Switching, Routing, Wireless, Firewall, and Security. The Technology Architect - Network partners closely with organizational leaders, the Enterprise Technical Senior Director, IST managers, and oversight committees to define and manage the rolling 5-year IT Strategy and Road Map that will provide the best functionality and value that ensures adherence to overall PeaceHealth IT and business strategies while attaining the lowest total cost of technology ownership. Additional job responsibilities include:
* In partnership with Senior Directors and IT Directors, leads the development of Enterprise Technology strategy and direction, ensuring adherence to overall IT Strategy and Business Strategies.
* Bridges the gap between the business and IT by providing a common framework through the use of Technology Architecture.
* Collaborates in defining and managing rolling five year IT Strategy and Road Map aligned to PeaceHealth Vision 2020 and other key strategies.
* Establishes standards to assist in improving IT understanding and communication throughout PeaceHealth.
* Identifies redundancies and reduces computing complexity to reduce the total technology portfolio costs.
* Performs As-Is analysis and To-Be recommendations to evaluate product technology recommendations.
* Creates, consults, and reviews architectural decisions and architecture solutions.
* Performs engineering of architectures to create solution blueprints and meet project requirements.
* Evaluates and reviews design frameworks and methodologies and approves design in order to achieve functional and non-functional requirements and conformance to the architecture.
* Ensures and reviews that the business and technical requirements are understood and translated to system requirements consistent with frameworks and standards in order to meet requirement definitions for products and large projects.
* Manages ongoing process and communications to collect, update, and maintain information on capital/expense impact of projects.
* Provides advisory business and technical guidance to the other teams.
* Partners with other architects and technical staff to define enterprise application architecture and implement a domain strategy.
* Mentors and coaches others in area of expertise.
* Provides leadership in the design and implementation of complex, high impact business solutions, aligned to business goals and requirements.
* Coordinates solution design activities across various IT stakeholder initiatives and provides guidance to implementation teams.
* Mentors and coaches others in area of expertise.
* Develops enterprise-level solutions that integrate across applications, systems, and platforms.
* Drives changes in process, policy, and standards as they relate to the architecture and design principles.
* Cultivates and maintains relationships with business leaders and vendors to recommend innovative collaboration solutions.
* Drives the creation of reference architecture.
* Directs projects to understand enterprise level architecture strategy and technology stack and identify future direction, gaps, and roadmap.
* Translates business strategy into discrete requirements that aid in defining the future-state information architecture.
* Drives and influences continuous improvement.
* Leads and manages the development of other architects.
* Performs other duties as required or assigned.To learn more about PeaceHealth, please visit us onFacebookorLinkedIn!
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related technical field or equivalent work experience.EXPERIENCE/TRAINING:
* Significant proven experience in delivering IT design, architecture, and implementation of major IT solutions, using appropriate IT work processes, methodology, and disciplines.
* At least 5 years of knowledge and experience in at least two of the following aspects of Information Technology Including:
* Application Design/Development and Architecture.
* Server Architecture.
* Security Architecture.
* Cloud Architecture.
* Network Architecture.
* Mobile Device Management Architecture.
* Client Technology Architecture.
* Experience in healthcare industry highly preferred.
* Experience in domain IT strategy development preferred.
* Experience with technical skills in the technology infrastructure area.
* Experience developing architectural guidelines.
* Experience in a position interpreting and communicating information orally and written.
* Experience providing leadership on large scale system development projects.
* Experience in collecting and analyzing data in order to guide decision making.
* Ability to solve complex business problems with IT solutions.
* Ability to develop strong relationships with both business and technical associates.
* Experience designing, developing, and implementing multi-technology application systems.
* Knowledge of company specific technology applications.
* Experience in a position presenting information in formal and informal settings.LICENSE/CERTIFICATION:
* Valid driver's license with an automobile that is insured to state regulations and is in good running order.OTHER SKILLS:
* Candidate should have experience in the above activities, while developing real world solutions, specifically, in any of the following areas as their primary skills:
* Creativity and Innovation - The ability to define new, original ideas and successfully implement.
* Persuasion - The ability to engage and enroll others in an initiative - both individually and in a group setting.
* Strategic - The ability to visualize and plan for outcomes in the future, which may involve an ability to support short-term trade-offs in order to achieve longer term gain.
* Communication Skills - The ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of employees and management; capable of successful formal and informal communication.
* Technical/Business Expertise - Involves demonstrating knowledge and skills in key Healthcare technologies.
* Prioritization - The ability to successfully manage multiple competing work efforts across multiple teams.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related technical field.
* Experience in a health system serving the acute care and ambulatory communities.
* Familiarity with Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) principles and practices.
* Expertise with UML design strategies and tools.