PeaceHealth RN - Heart Failure in Vancouver, Washington
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Heart Failure for a 1.0 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Variable shift with shift durations of Variable.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
Performs other duties as assigned.
• Graduate of an approved school of nursing required.
• BSN preferred.
• Ability to demonstrate proficiency by successfully passing EKG test.
• New grad or experienced RN. Some job postings may require an experienced RN. Experience is defined as minimum 1 year acute care experience as an RN in the past 3 years (or equivalent education and/or experience). Must have completed basic EKG course within 6 months and advanced EKG course within 12 months of hire. This position may be for a specific business line that may require special skills, knowledge and/or experience as specified in the job posting: Heart Failure: In addition to the above requirement, minimum 1 year cardiac nursing experience.
• Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
• Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
• ACLS certification may be required.
• See community specific document for each Unit/Department required credentials.
• Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
• Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
• Basic computer skills
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package at http://www.peacehealth.org/sites/default/files/externalallbenefits_overview.pdf and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver, WA community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers .
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video , and visit us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PeaceHealthCareers or LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/company/peacehealth !
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email Recruitment@peacehealth.org . Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications.
Location: Vancouver, WA, Southwest Medical Center (150)
Job Category: Management/Executives; Nursing - RN Other
Shift Length: Variable
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $32.32, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Advanced Cardiac Life Support; Basic Life Support; Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality; Registered Nurse - Washington
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver, WA || Management/Executives; Nursing - RN Other || Full Time || HOSPITAL ADMIN