Hilton Houseperson / Attendant / Set-Up - Banquets - Hilton Vancouver in Vancouver, Washington
A Banquet Houseperson is responsible for setting-up and cleaning-up of all banquet functions.
What will I be doing?
A Banquet Houseperson is responsible for setting-up and cleaning-up of all banquet functions. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Set up tables and chairs to meet the function specifications.
- Properly clean meeting space at beginning, during, and end of events, including not limited to vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, polishing, wiping, scrubbing
What are we looking for?
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Prior Banquet department experience preferred. Prior set up experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain government license or certificate.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
Additional language ability preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Basic knowledge of Meeting Room Set up, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Must possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure effectively for extensive periods of time while maintaining professionalism
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Banquets and Catering
Title: Houseperson / Attendant / Set-Up - Banquets - Hilton Vancouver
Requisition ID: HOT04CXN