Washington State L&I Office Support Supervisor 2 - Self Insurance in Tumwater, Washington
This opportunity is open to current L&I; employees only.
Do you lead from the front? If so, we are looking for you. Take your team of six and as the subject matter expert and technical advisor, move your unit forward by utilizing your strong capabilities in problem solving, decision making and effective communications and organizations skills.
In this role, the Self-Insurance Office Support Supervisor supervises the day-to-day operations of support staff in the Tumwater location and serves as the first responder to issues in the Claims Initiation (CI) Unit. As the Office Support Supervisor, you will provide leadership, direction, employee development and empowerment to form a safe and productive work team. The CI Unit performs timely and accurate data entry of claim information from workers, employers and medical providers to ensure critical claim information is available for ongoing claim adjudication. In addition to Claims Initiation, this position supervises support staff responsible for incoming and outgoing correspondence and the program receptionist.
Some of what you will be doing
The Office Support Supervisor will:
- Coach, supervise and assign work responsibilities to six office support staff.
- Interview and recommend candidates for hiring.
- Oversee and coordinate the day-to-day unit operations and production, promoting a team focused work environment.
- Educate and train staff on policies, procedures, regulations and changes to ensure the work unit provides quality and consistent services.
- Assign and schedule work and act upon staff requests for leave and schedule changes.
- Prepare Quality Assurance (QA) reports.
- Track, maintain, and report on performance measures to management on an ad hoc and weekly basis.
- Identify and manage backlogs, staffing training needs and build innovation within the program.
- Coordinate with Mail Room staff and other Self-Insurance program supervisors to ensure efficient workflows are in place for processes related to the receipt and tracking of new claims received through the mail, by fax or via SIEDRS.
- Utilize LEAN process to identify and resolve processes or workflow interruptions or delays.
Who should apply
Professionals who have a minimum of three years of clerical experience, who can demonstrate the ability to lead and motivate others and type 45 words per minute or above, with accuracy.
What we are looking for
- Coach, supervise, train and evaluate performance of employees.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional in all interactions, under difficult situations, including the ability to assess and respond to hostile clients.
- Attention to detail, ability to review information and recognize and correct deficiencies, errors, omissions, etc.
- Planning skills ability to integrate ideas and information to form goals, objectives, timelines, action plans, and solutions.
- Ability to coordinate and organize activities, services, and schedules to ensure smooth and efficient operation of work.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
- Coordinate with others to share information, make decisions, arrange for services and implement solutions to problems or complaints.
- Prioritize and perform multiple tasks in the same timeframe, and handle interruptions appropriately.
- Experience using personal computers and software such as MS Word, Excel.
- Experience using L&I; related software is desired.
Note: In addition to your application, the process requires that you include the following:
- Letter of interest/cover letter describing your experience, qualifications, skills and abilities and how have they prepared you for this step in your career.
- Copy of your on-line 4-minute typing assessment that meets the 45 wpm qualification. Click HERE for suggested on line typing resource (http://www.typingtest.com/).
This job announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Application review starts immediately and the hiring authority reserves the right to offer the job at any time. It's to your advantage to apply quickly.
Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Prior to any new hire into L&I;, a background check, including criminal record history, will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
To apply, follow the "Apply" link above Jobs advertised as Open Continuous will be closed without notice. Apply quickly!
We're looking for evidence that you have what we're looking for. Your application materials will be used for deciding who'll be selected for interview.
For more information about the Department of Labor & Industries visit: http://www.lni.wa.gov/ OR Contact us at: Jobs@Lni.wa.gov
L&I; strives to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce in which our differences are respected and valued to better meet the needs of the diverse customers we serve. L&I; fosters an inclusive environment that promotes safety, collaboration, flexibility and fairness so that all employees can participate and contribute to their full potential.
This position is represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE). That means that, as a condition of employment, no later than the 30th day following the beginning of your employment, you must pay the *WFSE *either membership dues, a representation fee or, for bona fide religious non-associators an amount equal to dues to be used in a program within the union in harmony with the employee's conscience.
Persons with a disability, who need assistance in the application process, or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 902-5700. Applicants that are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1.
The State of Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary: $2,848.00 - $3,700.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Tumwater, WA
Job Type: Agency Internal - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Labor & Industries
Job Number: 2017-09216
Closing: 10/18/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact