Washington State DSHS Disability Quality Assurance Specialist in Tumwater, Washington
Not just a profession...do you believe in opening doors and Transforming Lives? Join us today and be part of our hard-working team of professionals!
We are seeking a self-starting, organized Disability Determination Services Adjudicator 4 - Disability Quality Assurance Specialist to join our team at our Disability Determination Services (DDS) office located in Tumwater, Washington. You will review/audit claims for accuracy and compliance with Social Security regulations, policies and procedures. This job opportunity is currently opened to DSHS/ESA/DDDS employees only.
Some of what you'll do
- Review cases for appropriate documentation, processing procedures and decision policy; sample/audit cases to assure quality standards are met.
- Analyze complex claims to ensure policy and procedures are followed.
- Review Social Security/SSI federal laws and regulations and act as advisor to adjudicative staff, supervisors, management and medical consultants.
- Advises on appropriate medical and vocational development and decision policy.
- Participates in maintaining appropriate and consistent statewide policies, procedures and standards.
- Write referrals to request for program consultation and rebuttals to Office of Quality Branch of the Social Security Administration, when necessary.
- Develop and carry out specialized studies, analyses and reports.
- Keep supervisors/management informed on adjudicative training needs or problems based on patterns of errors.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Excellent working knowledge of Social Security policies and procedures and be capable of conveying that in written and oral recommendations to adjudicative staff, medical consultants, supervisors and the Office of Quality Review.
- Knowledge of medical terms, human anatomy and physiology, psychiatric terms, common medications and treatment modalities and their implications as well as knowledge of vocational terms and proficiency in researching physical and mental skills required of occupations.
- Ability to review and analyze Social Security/SSI cases for sufficient supporting documentation and correct decisions.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with colleagues, supervisors, medical consultants and management.
- Knowledge of review methods and analysis techniques and be proficient in using SSA policy resources.
- Successfully manage competing priorities.
- Proven case management skills in both timeliness and accuracy.
- Proven ability to identify problems, develop and implement solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex issues both orally and in writing so others will understand.
Who should apply? Professionals with three years of experience as an adjudicator of Social Security Disability Claims, and at least one year experience at the Adjudicator 3 level, within the past three years.
Questions about this job opportunity? Please contact Teresa.Alseth@dshs.wa.gov or at 425-595-3466. Supplemental Information
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Salary: $4,506.00 - $5,920.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Tumwater, WA
Job Type: Agency Internal - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2017-09276
Closing: 10/26/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact