Macy's Assistant Supervisor, Full Time: Tukwila, WA, Macy's Budget House Clearance Center in Tukwila, Washington
* Job Overview: *
The Assistant Supervisor will be responsible for prioritizing the customer experience through active supervision and enhancing the service culture. As part of the Store Leadership Team, you will have a key role in communicating expectations and priorities to associates. You will help create a fun and engaging store environment for customers and associates. As an advocate for the customer, you will role model and provide fast feedback on how to make every customer experience optimal. You will be an expert in satisfying the customer and driving results through promotional and Omni selling initiatives. This position leads to Sales Supervisor.
Essential Functions: *
• Provide Active Supervision by continually circulating the selling floor, directing associates and supporting daily priorities to optimize the customer experience and increase sales. Redirecting support as needed. • Lead shop activities to ensure customer readiness and exceptional presentation standards. Alert Sales Manager of any opportunities that are not aligned with this goal. • Role model ability to build lasting customer relationships ― provide associates with fast-feedback and redirection to foster the same behaviors, and recognize associates for practicing them. • Help build a proactive and solution-oriented customer centric culture in shop to ensure consistent customer experiences. • Meet with Sales Manager daily to discuss sales floor activities to monitor.
• Oversee associate execution and completion of shop daily Fulfillment responsibilities. • Have practical knowledge of store systems ― POS, MPOS, RF equipment, MyClient, MyStore App ― and ability to educate others. • Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Education/Experience: *
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Previous retail experience required.
• At least one year of supervisory experience preferred.
Communication Skills: *
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to engage with customers and find appropriate service solutions.
- Mathematical Skills: *
- * • Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, and calculating percentages coupled with the ability to use mobile devices.
Reasoning Ability: *
• Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- Physical Demands: *
• This position involves constant moving and standing.
• Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
• Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
• May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
• May involve reaching above eye level.
• Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Other Skills: *
• Ability to maintain focus on a given plan for an extended period of time, while still providing a high level of attention to detail.
• Must be comfortable operating with firm deadlines in place.
Work Hours: *
• Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours which may include day, evening, weekends and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Tukwila
Job: Store Management
Req ID: 71474123