U.S. Army Medical Command Nurse (Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Practitioner/Adult) in Tacoma, Washington
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: This position is located at Madigan Army Medical Center, Department of Medicine, Gastroenterology Services, Tacoma, WA.
Tacoma is a progressive city of 200,000 nestled between Seattle and the state capital of Olympia, offering the attractions of larger metropolitan areas with a hometown feel. Tacoma is located 32 miles south of Seattle, 31 miles north of our state capital, Olympia, and 18 miles south of Sea-Tac International Airport, on the shores of Commencement Bay, within pristine eyesight of Mount Rainier. World-class museums, hotels and theaters draw thousands to downtown Tacoma while the shores of the Puget Sound and Mount Rainier inspire outdoor enthusiasts. Enjoy the mild climate and its excellent schools, universities, parks, festivals and regional shopping centers.
Medical malpractice liability insurance is not required for federal civilian healthcare providers as they are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 U.S.C. § 1346(b)) while acting within the scope of their employment.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Nurse (Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Practitioner/Adult), duties include, but are not limited to:
- Administer direct physical care to selected Gastroenterology patients.
- Evaluate information and make professional assessment of patient's physical status.
- Interpret and report abnormal diagnostic data and changes in signs and symptoms.
- Identify situations in which the physician should be notified immediately.
- Ensure continued health care delivery to the discharged patient.
- Not Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
United States Citizens
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
Basic Requirement for Nurse (Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner/Adult):
Education: Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed.
Registration: An active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or territory of the United States. An applicant who has graduated from an approved nursing educational program within the past 12 months may be appointed pending State registration as a professional nurse.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
Experience: One year of experience includes examination or follow-up care for patients with gastroenterology-related problems; and ordering lab tests to aid in patient diagnosis. This definition of experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-09).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Licensure/Certification: This position requires a current, active, valid, certificate, unrestricted license, or authorization to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in a U.S. State, District of Columbia, Commonwealth, territory, or jurisdiction.
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. You must include this information with your application package. Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Tentatively selected applicants will be required to sign DA Form 5019 requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing. A job offer to an applicant who is a not a current employee will be withdrawn if the applicant refuses to be tested. Applicants with verified positive test results shall be refused employment. Applications from such individuals shall not be considered for employment for a period of 6 months from the date of the test results.
- A pre-placement physical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA). Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and possess and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position.
If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 53 position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474417800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-17 to 2017-07-26
Salary: $93,437 to $118,663 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 11
Series: 0610 Nurse
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full Time
Job announcement number: NCMD171622741985947HM
Control number: 474417800