Amazon.com Workforce Manager in Seattle, Washington
Amazon seeks a forward-thinking problem solver to join a newly created centralized enterprise risk management and compliance (ERMC) team. Amazon has a diverse set of global businesses, and each business has some level of compliance requirements across multiple areas, including Payments, Trade, Human Resources, Tax, Social Responsibility, and others. While the responsibility for maintaining compliance is with the individual business areas, this team ensures that an effective ERMC program is in place to validate each business has identified their regulatory responsibilities and established effective processes, controls and self-testing to understand current status of compliance and identify gaps. This team also assists in risk ranking and mitigation of gaps identified throughout the organization.
Workforce Manager is a newly created role where we are looking for an exceptional contributor who is passionate about the Customer Experience, who thinks/acts globally, and who has the ability to contribute major new innovations in the industry. He/she will experience a wide range of problem solving situations, strategic to real-time, requiring extensive use of data collection and analysis. The ideal candidate must have the ability to learn new workflow processes and make data driven decisions on a daily basis. This opportunity requires excellent problem-solving, communication skills and a strong track record of delivering results. Cross-team collaboration, project management, and executive presentation skills are essential. A strong record of customer advocacy is important for this role.
The successful candidate will:
Work closely with Ops Managers across vendor and internal investigations teams to change work priorities and driving adherence to ERMC service levels.
Mitigate capacity risks by managing dependencies across multiple operating units. Clearly communicate dependencies and manage/track exceptions.
Participate in wider ERMC projects and initiatives. He/she will own providing optimal workflow and planning solutions for upcoming initiatives.
Work with ERMC project team and Capacity Manager to ensure proper headcount is staffed to handle incoming alert volumes prior to production.
Collaborate with the Capacity Manager on new initiatives to drive efficiency and reduce human error.
Partner with Operations, Capacity Planning and Finance teams to analyze historical data and work trends and provide workflow inputs. Manage the analyses of daily, weekly, and monthly reporting.
Manage service levels and provide recommended workflow options and directives.
Lead critical projects to improve workflow processes.
· Bachelor's degree in an analytical or business field, or comparable business experience with technical background.
· 2+ years’ experience in a Workforce Management or equivalent role
· 2 years experience with MS Excel, VBA, SQL and knowledge of Data Warehouse and business intelligence systems
· Strong Analytical skills – has ability to start from ambiguous problem statements, identify and access relevant data, make appropriate assumptions, perform insightful analysis and draw conclusion relevant to the business problem
· Communication skills – Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical problems through simple means. Ability to present information professionally & concisely with supporting data.
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired and ambiguity is the norm
· A history of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
Other professional traits that is not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
Exhibits excellent judgment
Hires great people. Develops great people.
Has relentlessly high standards
Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
Thinks big and has convictions
Is results oriented
Knowledge of or experience with spoken language understanding technologies a plus
Prior background working with operations for business-critical services, including estimating resource requirements, defining metrics, and driving improvements to operational processes
Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives, and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
Excellent communication skills with stakeholders, peers and executives, and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful metrics representing end-user experiences for speech products and services
Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
AMZR Req ID: 579254
External Company URL: www.amazon.com