King County Washington Wastewater Process Analyst II - West Point Treatment Plant in Seattle, Washington
WHO MAY APPLY: This position is only open to all qualified S.E.I.U., Wastewater Local 925 internal candidates - transfer requests will be given 1st consideration and based upon seniority. Please note: This posting may be used to establish a list of qualified candidates for position openings in the following six months.
SUMMARY The Department of Natural Resources and Parks – Wastewater Treatment Division is recruiting for qualified applicants to fill the position of Wastewater Process Analyst II at the West Point Treatment Plant. This position performs journey level (fully proficient) professional process evaluations and experiments using physical, chemical, biological and other scientific approaches to monitor, analyze, evaluate and optimize two or more unit processes with minimal direction and guidance. Incumbents perform these responsibilities to ensure compliance with permit and policy requirements and to optimize treatment plant performance. Work is performed in the field on a routine basis. Division VALUES
- *Safety: *We protect ourselves and others before all other priorities. Safety is a virtue to be instilled in each of us.
- Innovation:We foster a creative environment where employees openly and enthusiastically search for new ways to improve our work.
- Spirit of Service:We reliably and equitably deliver exceptional products and services to our customers and communities all day, every day.
- Empowered Teams:We respect, trust, collaborate and communicate openly – embracing problems and conflict as opportunities to create solutions.
- Communication:We listen to and share with each other timely, accurate and clear information to ensure effective performance of our work.
- *Cultivate Mastery: *We provide opportunities to encourage each other to reach our highest level of performance within an inclusive, positive, fun work environment.
Financial Accountability: We are responsible stewards of public dollars. ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Take lead responsibility for the daily performance of two or more unit wastewater process areas to assist in meeting permit, policy and budgetary requirements; interpret regulations and permit requirements and develop programs to ensure compliance; conduct and/or direct field and pilot scale and full scale experiments, perform routine and special data analyses, and provide technical advice and assistance to scientific, technical, and operating staff;
- Evaluate and observe wastewater process(s) in the field; develop operational plans for approval by supervisor; coordinate and schedule associated laboratory work for assigned project(s) with appropriate responsible parties;
- Plan and conduct engineering and special studies and research projects to optimize existing plant processes or to evaluate new ones; prepare technical reports for internal and external audiences and make presentations to technical and non-technical audiences;
- Assist senior staff with major process evaluations; assist in the development and implementation of process alterations and improvement; work with engineers, consultants, and plant personnel to design and construct new processes; evaluate and recommend new testing equipment purchases and analytical methods; serve as scientific and technical consultant to internal and external customers;
Monitor mechanical and instrumentation field equipment operation; purchase, troubleshoot, repair, and calibrate portable field equipment and instruments. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Three years of Advanced knowledge of and demonstrated experience in the application of chemistry, biology or physical sciences techniques and principles
- Three years of Advanced knowledge of and demonstrated experience in the application of the theory and implementation of scientific methods and procedures including the principles and application of laboratory practices and analytical techniques and methods
- Three years of Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience in data analysis techniques and principles including data retrieval, data verification, and data integrity to meet quality control and quality assurance standards
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in the application of project management techniques and principles
- Three years of Advanced knowledge of and demonstrated experience in the application of the principles of chemical, biological and physical sampling methods and techniques
Three years of Advanced knowledge of and demonstrated experience in the design and evaluation of research and laboratory methods and procedures DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with automated control system(s)
- Demonstrated skill in building consensus among audiences with diverse viewpoints
- Demonstrated experience in working on multiple projects and assignments simultaneously
- Demonstrated skill in applying team building techniques and principles and participating on a work team
Skill in training, guiding and monitoring the work of other staff LICENSE/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Washington State Group II or higher Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certification (issued from the Department of Ecology)
- Valid Driver's License SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION
The position requires the ability to work all shift schedules and required to report to work during adverse and inclement weather conditions
Incumbents perform field work at a wastewater treatment plant and associated facilities and are required to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, work in confined spaces, climb in and out of tanks using ladders, and work around noxious odors and high noise levels.
SELECTION PROCESS: Internal Transfer candidates will be selected based on the CBA. Reviews of performance appraisal, personnel files, internal reference, BT / Vacation usage logs, etc., will also be conducted prior to any final offer.
UNION MEMBERSHIP: This position is represented by S.E.I.U. Local 925
WORKING CONDITIONS: Working at a Wastewater Treatment facility.
Job Title: Wastewater Process Analyst II - West Point Treatment Plant
Opening Date/Time: Fri. 09/15/17 12:00 AM Pacific Time
Closing Date/Time: Sun. 10/01/17 11:59 PM Pacific Time
Salary: $35.16 - $44.56 Hourly $73,132.80 - $92,684.80 Annually
Job Type: Career Service, Full Time, 40 hrs/week
Location: West Point Treatment Plant - 1400 Discovery Park Blvd, Seattle, Washington
Department: Department of Natural Resources & Parks - Wastewater Treatment Division