Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
VASCULAR TECHNOLOGIST (TEMPORARY/HOURLY)
Req #: 91766
Department: UWMC VASCULAR DIAGNOSTC SERVICES
Job Location: UW Medical Center
Job Location Detail: Vascular Laboratory
Posting Date: 01/10/2013
Closing Info: Open Until Filled
Salary: $26.75 - $38.26 per hour.
Union Position: Yes
This classification is governed by a negotiated labor contract and is subject to union shop provisions.
For more information about union shop provisions, visitUnion Information
Notes: This posting is for a temporary/hourly position.
Join our award-winning team at University of Washington Medical Center (UWMC). Ranked among the nation’s top ten hospitals for the fourth year in a row by US News and World Report, UWMC prides itself on compassionate patient care as well as its pioneering medical advances. UWMC is operated by the University of Washington (UW) and serves as a training site for UW’s School of Medicine. The University of Washington is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement and natural beauty.
Our Vascular Diagnostic Services department has an outstanding opportunity for a temporary/hourly Vascular Technologist. The person in this role will perform highly complex diagnostic vascular examinations independent of physician supervision, and provides diagnostic interpretation based on physiological and imaging data.
* Perform, evaluate and provide diagnostic interpretation of non-invasive and invasive ultrasound and physiological examinations on patients in the areas of: Cerebrovascular, Venous (including varicose veins), Abdominal artery and vein, Peripheral Arterial, and Transcranial Doppler.
* Schedules and prioritizes exams.
* Select appropriate exams as necessary.
* Ability to interpret all of above listed examinations.
* Ability to prepare preliminary and final reports.
* Experience performing exams in a hospital/operating room setting.
* Willing to rotate to satellite laboratory.
* Ability to present findings at case conference.
* Willing to perform exams at the bedside.
Work hours negotiable.
Perform related duties as required.
Completion of a training program accredited by the American Medical Association - Committee on Allied Health Education (AMA-CAHEA) for vascular ultrasound AND possess current registration as a Registered Vascular Technologist through the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers OR equivalent education/experience.
Condition of Employment:
Anticipate 4 to 8 days per month and will share on call weekend rotations.
The University of Washington is a leader inenvironmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 / 206-543-6452 (tty) firstname.lastname@example.org.