Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
WA - SeattleOpportunity SnapshotIf you are a master facilitator of adult learning, this position offers you the opportunity todo what you love:deliver training programs and make a difference-- for both companies and individuals. You will deliver stand-up training from a broad portfolio of offerings in leadership, management, professional development and more. The role offers a good deal of variety, as you'll train diverse groups from multiple industries in a variety of settings. At Washington Employers you'll enjoy a unique non-corporate culture that enables us to be highly responsive to our Members' needs. While your focus will always be on training, if you have the desire and aptitude you may be able to get involved in other areas as well.
Washington Employers is a member-based business organization that provides HR consultation and services for companies in the Pacific Northwest. We offer a wide range of comprehensive human resources services, complete with unparalleled professional expertise and reassuring continuity of counsel. While Washington Employers has more than 85 employees, we cultivate a family atmosphere -- just one of the reasons we have an unusually large number of long-tenured people. We value work/life balance.
The RequirementsTo be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
* Five to seven years of training facilitation experience in corporate environments
* Experience facilitating a variety of topics, including leadership / management development, communication, feedback, coaching, etc., in multiple industries
* Knowledge of adult learning theory and instructional design principles
* The ability to apply a variety of instructional techniques, such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, or lectures, to real world situations and debrief activities to arrive at learning outcomes
* Exceptional facilitation skills with the ability to engage adult audiences and present content clearly using examples and analogies to achieve learning objectives
* Excellent presentation skills and the ability to present articulately and confidently under all circumstances
* A valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and a clean driving record
* A bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Human Resources, Instructional Technology, or related certificationJust as important as your experience and skills will be the following characteristics and competencies:
* Confidence and poise, and the ability to interact comfortably with all levels of employees within the learning event
* Strong communication skills with the ability to listen actively, question and respond appropriately to all participant questions, and provide feedback
* Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills to manage the learning event and achieve the learning objectivesPreferred but not required:
* Certification in specific high-level management and leadership courses, such as Ken Blanchard
* Human resources knowledge / experience
* Instructional design experienceYou also will need to be willing and able to make day trips to deliver courses, primarily in King, Pierce and Snohomish Counties. However, you may be asked to drive anywhere in the Pacific Northwest, and once in a while to stay overnight.