Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Technical Support Team Lead
Location: Seattle, WA
Tableau Software is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the world, with nearly 100% annual sales growth. Tableau makes fast analytics and visualization products that help people see and understand data of any size or format. The company is on its way to becoming a large, market-defining company in the business intelligence industry and is next in a long line of high profile Stanford spinouts (e.g., Google, Yahoo, VMWare). Customers of all sizes use our products, from Fortune 500 companies, to video game designers, to scientists in the jungles of Central America, to high school principals. Our software is for anyone with data and questions! Additionally, Tableau’s web products (www.tableaupublic.com) are used by bloggers, journalists, and major media web sites to share data online as interactive visualizations. Check out our products at:www.tableausoftware.com/product-tour.
Tableau’s culture is casual yet high energy. We are passionate about our product and loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world. Tableau offers exceptional professional and financial growth potential.
What you’ll be doing…
The Technical Support Team Lead is responsible to ensure support is provided in a timely, customer-oriented, and comprehensive manner. Promote a customer centric support culture that goes above and beyond what the customer expects and ensures every Tableau customer support contact is positive. Manage service level agreements and customer satisfaction levels. Identify and promote opportunities to reduce the amount of direct support required through product improvements, training, online support, and self-service.
Provide leadership and motivation by establishing clear expectations and coaching employees to achieve Tableau’s support goals. Plan and manage the team’s schedules and their professional and technical development. Communicate specific feedback through regularly scheduled one-on-one meetings with each Technical Support team member.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
* Ensure customer service excellence and guaranteed response times by actively monitoring support emails/tickets and ensuring all tickets are resolved in a timely and comprehensive manner.
* Coach team members to provide customer-centric support that solves the problem, taking into account customer preferences.
* Coach team members to guide customers toward self-serve support options in a service-oriented manner.
* Coach team members on troubleshooting methodology, call handling skills, and engaged diagnostic techniques.
* Ensure each team member is actively contributing to the improvement of online services by setting expectations and contribution goals.
* Continually assess team skills and knowledge, and usefulness of available resources and support tools and work with the Team Managers to address gaps.
* Maintain biweekly one-on-one meeting schedule with each team member to provide feedback, coaching, and to discuss potential projects and training needs.
* Mentor team members on technical issues; raise personnel issues to the Team Manager.
* Serve as first level customer escalation from Technical Support team members and pursue each escalation as an opportunity to turn the customer around and into a fan.
* Monitor and respond to Technical Support escalations as needed.
* Track and identify frequently occurring, high impact support issues and communicate through appropriate channels for resolution.
* Track bug and feature requests status to stay on top of the hot issues.
* Provide daily reports to management team with regards to potential customer and team issues.
* Other duties as assigned.
Who you are…
* A True Team Player. You're a leader and you know that to get the best results, you also have to be a great team player.
* Data Rock Star. You have a deep understanding of the power of databases, business intelligence suites and data analysis tools
* Domain. Experience with analytics, data, databases or business intelligence preferred. Bachelor's Degree with a technical or business focus preferred.
* Communicator. You excel with documentation, and your verbal and written skills are top notch. You have an outstanding ability to empathize with customers and convey confidence, and are skilled with conflict resolution, presentation and small group facilitation skills.
* Organized. You have an uncanny ability to juggle and prioritize a high volume workload and handle details accurately and in a timely manner under pressure. Your organizational skills are impeccable.
* Service Minded. You deliver customer support like you expect to receive it; with excellence.
* Strong communication and presentation skills.You love the idea of sharing the Tableau story.
* Technically Savvy.You don’t shy away from opportunities to get into technology and utilizing your Java app experience.
* Passion and Conviction.You have the ability to inspire passion in others.
* Educated. You have a Computer Science degree or equivalent, relevant work experience
* Experienced. You have at least one year experience in a software product/technical support department or 3 years of related, direct customer contact experience.
Tableau Software is an equal opportunity employer.
To learn more about Tableau's mission, please visit:http://mission.tableausoftware.com